Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tkatshen

Continue watching keeps getting removed

Jump to solution

A few weeks ago, the continue watching feature went away from What to Watch.  It came back a dew days ago but now it’s gone again.  Why does this keep happening? The continue watching feature is my favorite thing about the device.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Continue watching keeps getting removed

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for being so patient while we addressed the issue.

Update: We believe the problem has been resolved.

To ensure everything is working smoothly, we recommend performing a system restart on your Roku device:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Choose System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.

If you continue to experience any issues, please let us know, and we’ll be happy to assist further.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
The Roku Community Team

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
AlanC32246
Reel Rookie

Continue Watching under What to Watch

Jump to solution

A day or two ago I lost the Continue Watching feature under What to Watch. Is it possible for me to restore this feature? It provided information across several apps so I didn't have to go to each app individually.

I've looked under Settings>> Home screen, but can't find it.

0 Kudos
Ziroz

The missing "Continue Watching" saga continues

Jump to solution

I know there have been several threads on this topic over the past 6 months, but I have yet to find a solution to the problem. I have 2 Roku 4-K sticks and 1 Roku Ultra and they all seem to have this same issue now.

It's frustrating how the "Continue Watching" function under the "What To Watch" menu tab seems to appear and disappear and reappear and redisappear at will. I've tried the suggestions in other threads like doing a system restart and checking for updates without success.  My current software is Version 13.1.4 / Build: 1510 dated 7/19/24 and my device tells me that it is up to date.

I really liked this feature and I'm sure I'm not the only one.  When you regularly watch 10 or 12 shows spread over 6 or 7 different streaming services it's difficult to remember which is where. "Continue Watching" was a great feature.

alphabill

CONTINUE WATCHING and SAVED LIST

Jump to solution

CONTINUE WATCHING and SAVED LIST functions have both disappeared from the What to Watch screen. This is an issue that has come up on and off in the past. Is this going to be resolved soon?

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We are glad to have you here to report the issue regarding our Roku streaming features "Continue watching" and "Save list" categories being missing on "What to watch". We are more than willing to provide you with further assistance with this concern.

For us to look closely into this issue, could you please tell us the following:

• When did you start to experience the issue?
  • Have you received a software update prior to this issue that might have triggered it?
  • When you pull up "What to watch," did you scroll to the bottom to double-check? Sometimes, "Continue watching" and "Save list" are at the bottom of the categories.

In the meantime, we would like the following details to coordinate this issue with our appropriate team for further investigation:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We look forward to your response.

Best regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for being so patient while we addressed the issue.

Update: We believe the problem has been resolved.

To ensure everything is working smoothly, we recommend performing a system restart on your Roku device:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Choose System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.

If you continue to experience any issues, please let us know, and we’ll be happy to assist further.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
The Roku Community Team

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
Pompey
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I am still having this problem.......

"One great use of words is to hide our thoughts." Voltaire
"We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out." Winston Churchill
Jennvil80

Jump to solution

It's not resolved.  Mine is gone today.  Restarted.  Still not there.  I have a firetv and am using the Roku app.  Was fine yesterday.

0 Kudos
Klr72575

Continue watching and saved list

Jump to solution

I have the roku app on my smart tv - not a roku TV and the continue eatching and saved lost are missing after a week of having them???? How do i get this back?

0 Kudos
Pompey
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Mine just came back,,,,,,

"One great use of words is to hide our thoughts." Voltaire
"We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out." Winston Churchill
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.