Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Klubot99
Channel Surfer

Continue Watching / Recent Channels

These sections do not show up on my Home Screen anywhere. I’m updated to latest 11.5. Where can I find these sections? Whenever I use the iOS Roku app they are front and center. I really want them bc they help remind me what I’ve been watching and bring me right to where I want to go. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Continue Watching / Recent Channels

@Klubot99 

You can access the Continue Watching from either the "What to Watch" Home Screen menu or through the Roku Channel.

If you do not see the "What to Watch" menu item on the left side of your Home Screen, you may need to enable it in settings.

Settings/Home Screen/What to Watch/[Show]

-----

The What to Watch section will also house your "Save List", as well as the "Continue Watching" section.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Klubot99
Channel Surfer

Thank you. I have no What to Watch on my Home Screen menu and when went to: Settings/Home Screen the only two options are Shortcuts and Movie Store. What am I missing here? Thanks again

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Klubot99 

If you are only seeing Shortcuts and Movie Store, I am assuming you are not in the US.

https://support.roku.com/article/228844467 (Release notes for 11.5)

-------

I think you may be limited to going into the Roku Channel and see if Continue Watching is available there.  The Roku Channel has its own Continue Watching and Save List for content on the Roku Channel. (not sure if this feature may also be limited for those outside US).

0 Kudos
Klubot99
Channel Surfer

I’m in USA. It’s odd, I also have a Streambar (my issue is on stick+) and I checked on my streambar and sure enough right under Home is Continue Watching. I’ve no idea why it’s not showing up on my stick+. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Klubot99

It is possible that the Streaming Stick had either an account or update issue during setup.  I think I would Factory Reset the Streaming Stick (press and hold the reset button for 30+ seconds) or use the Factory Reset option in the Settings. (Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset).

I would look at the Streambar Roku account from Settings/System/About (note the email address which is your Roku account), and setup/link the Streaming Stick to this same account. (ie. use this same email address when setting up the Streaming Stick).

If that does not resolve issue, and you are sure that the Streaming Stick is showing 11.5 as the OS, then it is likely that Roku Support will need to look it into further and figure out why these options aren't showing up for you.

Under the Settings/System/About what is both the model number and Operating System showing?

0 Kudos
Klubot99
Channel Surfer

Thank you. You were correct - I had two different emails attached to the Streambar and the stick. I’ve now fixed this but the issue remains. It’s a complicated situation. They are both on the same tv, I only got the Streambar bc I wanted a sound bar and this is basically the cheapest one with good quality. So, you might say why not just use the Streambar roku bc it has the “What to Watch/Continue Watching” working properly? I would, but I’m using my siblings password for a few services and the password works fine on the stick and then doesn’t work when I try it through my Streambar. This is another issue entirely but it explains why I don’t just use my Streambar. My stick seems to be all messed up. It still has Movies to Watch on my home page which when clicked just links to the Vudu app. I guess I need to contact support? Thanks again for your help. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Klubot99 

Just an FYI, you can have two Roku devices with different email addresses.  That is fine.  They will just be considered "unlinked". (seperate from each other).  If you want linked devices, then they need to share the share email address.  For troubleshooting, just easier if they are all linked to a known working account.

-----

Paging @RokuDanny-R , @RokuKariza-D , and @RokuMary-F who can help facilitate getting you to Support engineers.  Normally they will ask you to post the Serial number of the non-working device.  (Again, located under the Settings/System/About).

Good luck and feel free to post an update once they figure out the culprit.

0 Kudos
Klubot99
Channel Surfer

Thanks. Any help anyone? Support?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Klubot99 

Thanks for the posts.

In order for us to better understand the issue you are experiencing, can you please provide us with the following information:

can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku devices model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • did you have this functionality before on your devices? if so, when did you start to see this issue occur?

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos