Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rnlamb
Reel Rookie

Cannot play any Roku channels

I have 4 TV's, all with connected ROKU devices. When I try to watch any show on any Roku channel the show will not open and play. All other Channels i.e., Hulu, Disney, HBO Max, etc. are playing without any problems. This Roku problem just started 2 days ago. I have not made any changes to my internet provider, modem or router.

0 Kudos
dbf1

Re: ROKU Channel does not work May 27. 2023

Not certain about date but recently I'm having the same problem,i.e. attempting to play an episode on R channel just results in loop back to same screen.

rnlamb
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue since May 27th. Communicated with a Roku tech but they had no idea what I was talking about.

rnlamb
Reel Rookie

There is nothing more to say than what all these posters and myself have already advised you. There is an obvious error in your feed that has continued for 4 or 5 days affecting multiple subscribers to your service. Please fix this soonest.

Alex19
Reel Rookie

Hello RokuJechealR, I realize that your question is not directed at me but it appears we are all having the same issue which has not been resolved. 

1) The Roku App opens as normal but when attempting to watch any show or station within the Roku App it does not open. If you press play it goes right back to the press play screen

2) there are no error codes or messages

RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Hi @Alex19

Welcome to the Roku community! We're sorry to hear about the experience. This is not what we aim for. We're happy to assist and look further into this issue.

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Can you please give us more details regarding the issue you're having so we can further assist you.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • Please provide the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.
  • Are using a VPN to access your channel?

Detailed information. We will be there to assist you.

regards,

Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cannot play any Roku channels

Hello @rnlamb.

Welcome and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We regret to hear that you are having troubles with accessing The Roku Channel through your Roku devices. Worry no more as we are here to give you assistance with this.

Kindly provide us the following details so that we can pass this along to our appropriate Roku team for further investigation:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • What steps have you done so far to reproduce the issue you are seeing?
  • Your current location.

We're looking forward for your response and we'd be more than happy to continue assisting you.

Thanks,

Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Cannot play any Roku channels

Hello @Blindbay 

Thanks for providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate the issue further. Rest assured once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

I have subscription thru Roku for Britbox.  Roku Channel wants an extra subscription to watch latest season of Death in Paradise.  I don't understand since I alreadypay, why can I not watch content on the Roku Channel? 

0 Kudos

Nothing on the Roku channel will play

Nothing on my Roku channel, or any other channel that is through the Roku channel, will play. I have done ALL the troubleshooting so pls don’t tell to do all the basic things that it says to do. I have done it. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.