Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU Channel does not work May 27. 2023

Hi @MysticRainbow,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you getting an error code or message? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Alex19
Reel Rookie

We are having the same issue. Open any channel within the Roku Channel press play and it goes right back to the press play screen. I have tried updating, removing and reinstalling, and the Roku Channel continues doing the same thing. Its the same thing in every room in the house, the Roku Channel will not play.

Blindbay
Reel Rookie

I can't watch the Roku Channel

I am not able to watch the Roku Channel on either of my Roku devices or on my PC. I reported this to Roku support over a week ago and nothing has been done.

Anyone else have this issue?

Is Roku support always this bad?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

Hi @AlanAnderson,

We appreciate the update on this ongoing issue. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

A few things to note: network connections will also affect the device's working capabilities. Have you tried connecting to a wireless network without using a VPN? In addition, have you tried using an alternate wireless connect, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if it works.

Let us know if you still experience the same issue by updating this thread.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The Roku Channel does not play anything

Hi @JESSICATHEBABE,

We just wanted to say thank you for the follow-up. We regret the extended wait while we continue to investigate the issue.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding will be appreciated as we further investigate this issue.

As soon as new information becomes available, we'll make sure to update this topic.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I can't watch the Roku Channel

Hi @Blindbay

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

This is not the experience we want you to have regarding The Roku Channel being inaccessible but no worries, we're here to give help.

We need to gather more information first before we proceed:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • What version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.
  • Your current location

Once we get this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward for your response.

Thanks,

Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Blindbay
Reel Rookie

Model  4630X

Ser.#  YR00EC384034

Dev ID  7KA78E384034

Sft Vers.

0 Kudos
Blindbay
Reel Rookie

Soft vers.  12.00.0  Build ver 8.0 build 72 Tracker if ID-34-217-480

Click on Roku Channel>click on any program>  Nothing happens Location Tubac, AZ

This information was given to an agent on May 10. BTW this occurs on both on my Roku devices and on my PC

0 Kudos
kguern
Reel Rookie

I have the same exact issue.  I contacted support and went through resets and upgrades and restarts.  Nothing resolved the issue.  The online support upgraded the case to a higher level of support and said I should hear something on my email.  So far nothing but silence, and the problems still exists.  This problem also affects some apps on the roku channel that are premium.  So I am paying for channels that don't work as well.

joeh68
Reel Rookie

Same issue here. Paid for premium this old house for the year. go to any episode on there, hit play and it cycles the screen right back to the play button. won't deal with long before canceling. this has happened before also.

0 Kudos