Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jmusich
Roku Guru

Re: Closed Caption not syncing with paramount+

CC also works in my Safari browser on my imac. 

0 Kudos
stardiamond
Channel Surfer

Re: Closed Caption not syncing with Paramount Plus

same as everyone else. it gripes me that a software problem is treated as a user problem. my work around was to install p+ on my smart tv. It has no problem but the Roku interface is far better,  

0 Kudos
Jmusich
Roku Guru

I spoke with a Roku agent. The app is written by Paramount Plus. Roku is going to contact Paramount. I also had a two days interaction a FB at the Paramount plus page. I have resource to watch the shows there i want to view. But there are those who do not. This needs to be fixed. 

0 Kudos
stardiamond
Channel Surfer

I've had a dvr since the 80s. When my cable provider went digital, I bought a TIVO which does a good job but they have limited apps and won't add any. When I wanted a new app, Max I bought a Tivo streaming device. It worked fine for a while and then the captioning disappeared. it Was difficult to find out who was responsible. What I learned was that although there was a Max app, it wasn't on the list of supported devices. The easiest solution was to buy a Roku stick which has performed well until now.       

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

We just wanted to let you know that this has been escalated to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We appreciate your for keeping this thread posted. For additional reports, please also provide us with the details requested below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Specific content title that has an issue.
  • Channel version

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jmusich
Roku Guru

The shows I can verify are Lawman Bass Reeves and Elizabeth. Chi which seems to be the headliner when the app opens is fine. When navigating to the individual shows in the menu seems to be when the trouble begins.

0 Kudos
DJToman

Synch is several seconds early on "Evil" or there are no subtitles.

Works fine on the App on my Applr devices, but not on my Toku fevices.

xls79bsy
Reel Rookie

Re: Issues with Close Caption Out of Sync

System restart did fix CC out of sync on Paramount +. Problem is not on all apps and haven't seen on Roku Live channels at all.

0 Kudos
liumeiru

we've been having this issue off and on for the past month on a couple different streaming apps but primarily Paramount+, our Roku devices are two different TVs with Roku (Phillips and HiSense). system restarts and caption resets don't fix the issue so far. i hope someone out there has a better understanding of this issue than i do and is willing to share. thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
ptunia1
Reel Rookie

Worth a try for you.  Try using your Roku phone app with bluetooth headphones and adjust from the Bluetooth syncing directions.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.