Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sundial5924
Channel Surfer

Channels paid via Xfinity subscription

Jump to solution

I just set up my first Roku streaming device and found the Xfinity app / channel and added it.  I pay monthly for their cable and am trying to get away from it however I have to experiment first with a second TV we have as my partner is not as tech savvy as me (and I'm not that tech savvy).  The set-up worked fine and I was able to add MAX as it asked me if I paid for it thru a provider however I cannot add Peacock, HBO, Showtime (Paramount) HD.  It only asks me to sign in and create a new account for a new subscription with them.  

Is there a way around this or do I have to call Xfinity (please no).  

Thank you for any help you can provide.  I'm looking forward to exploring the offerings I have now via Roku.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Channels paid via Xfinity subscription

Jump to solution

I searched for "use cable provider to access peacock" and found this article that suggests that you have to link your cable account to Peacock and I guess then you get the credentials you need to sign in.  Perhaps the others are the same.  Basically, once you can sign in on the provider's website you should be able to use the same credentials to sign in anywhere.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

atc98092

Jump to solution

Just remember that many of those online providers require you to have a TV provider subscription to access their service. Some you can subscribe directly if you don't have a TV provider (such as MAX), but there are some that are only available if you have a TV provider. Right now, that's Xfinity for you, but if you cancel your TV service and only retain their Internet service you would need a different TV provider. But there are some online only TV providers, such as Sling TV, YouTube TV, Fubo TV, and a few others. Just be careful about pricing, as it would be easy to end up paying more than you do now through Xfinity. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
renojim

Jump to solution

I searched for "use cable provider to access peacock" and found this article that suggests that you have to link your cable account to Peacock and I guess then you get the credentials you need to sign in.  Perhaps the others are the same.  Basically, once you can sign in on the provider's website you should be able to use the same credentials to sign in anywhere.

I am not a Roku employee.
sundial5924
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I ended up calling xfinity support and text'd with a technician that helped me out.  I did have to reset my password to my peacock account and now have access via ROKU there however xfinity had to update my account activation for xfinity stream for all of my other channels as what they had activated originally was not the same as I get on my primary TV and iphone.  I text'd with the technician for about an hour and by 6 pm mtn xfinity had updated my activation on the roku streaming device and my channel line-up including showtime / paramount + and HBO (Max) were back on line.  Again my intention is to use xfinity stream on both TV's so now that it is working properly on my 2nd TV I will disconnect my cable box from my primary TV and see how it goes.  Thanks for the help on this community.  

RokuRey-V
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @sundial5924,

Thank you for letting us know that you're now back on streaming. We really appreciate the update.

If you have any other questions or need any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to post them here. We're always here to help.

Happy Streaming!

Regards,
Reyn

Rey V.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

Just remember that many of those online providers require you to have a TV provider subscription to access their service. Some you can subscribe directly if you don't have a TV provider (such as MAX), but there are some that are only available if you have a TV provider. Right now, that's Xfinity for you, but if you cancel your TV service and only retain their Internet service you would need a different TV provider. But there are some online only TV providers, such as Sling TV, YouTube TV, Fubo TV, and a few others. Just be careful about pricing, as it would be easy to end up paying more than you do now through Xfinity. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.