Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amyallshouse
Reel Rookie

Chad season 2 - how to watch?

I read that Roku picked up the series Chad and since season 2 was finished a year ago, I wondered if anyone has been able to watch it on Roku. Maybe I just don’t understand how Roku works. Please let me know if anyone has been able to watch season 2 of the show Chad.

If you have other information about the show being on Roku, please let me know. Thank you

28 REPLIES 28
jcboyless
Binge Watcher

Re: Chad season 2 - how to watch?

I too have been eagerly awaiting Chad - Season 2 but it's still not available on Roku. Hopefully we will hear something soon! 🙂

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Amyallshouse @jcboyless

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you have a query about Chad Season 2. To share that the second season of this story will be told on its new home, The Roku Channel.

If you can't watch, Please be advised that Roku only transmits the channel and is not responsible for the contents within an app. The respective channel solely chooses the contents. We have no control over the programming or operation of the channel. With that being said, we would recommend reaching out to Channel customer support to report the issue and for further help.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
jcboyless
Binge Watcher

Hello Chel, thanks so much for the response. That link you provided:

https://therokuchannel.roku.com/500

results in an error:

"Something's not right
This page isn't available right now, but it may be back soon. Try again later."

Looks like this is actually the channel/page for Chad:

https://therokuchannel.roku.com/details/2695ccacedbe0a67eab4c3919baf3f21/chad-season-2

but all that is available is the 30 second teaser for Season 2.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jcboyless,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

As per advice, content availability depends on the show's release and announcement. It might be that the show is still in development to be released to the public for streaming. For announcements regarding this show, you can check it on Roku Blog.

I hope this clarifies your concern, and if there's anything we can further assist you with, let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jeramy2
Reel Rookie

It was announced a year ago that Roku has the rights to the second season and the whole season was finished and ready to air when tbs cancelled it.

So there is no need to wait for anything to be finished, so when will roku make it available?

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jeramy2,

Thanks for your inquiry.

We currently do not have information to share; however, you can always reach out to the channel or content provider and inquire further.

For other issues you'd like us to address, feel free to let us know or create a separate thread if necessary.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jeramy2
Reel Rookie

How do we reach out to the channel and the content provider?

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jeramy2,

Thanks for keeping in touch here in the Roku Community!

You can try searching for the show by going to Home > Search > Type the name of the title to see if it's available on your Roku device. This way, you can determine which channel it is available. You can check out this support article for the channel contact list. Also, please be advised that due to changes in contracts, it's usually possible that content may be removed as a TV show, and movie content availability may sometimes vary on The Roku Channel. We recommend checking periodically to see if the content will be available in the future.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jcboyless
Binge Watcher

"It was announced a year ago that Roku has the rights to the second season and the whole season was finished and ready to air when tbs cancelled it.

So there is no need to wait for anything to be finished, so when will roku make it available?"

@Jeramy2 this ^ is exactly right. I am as confused as you. It's been almost a year since Roku announced buying the rights to Chad and it's still nowhere to be found on the platform.

The responses here just keep telling us to reach out to the "channel" or "content provider" which makes no sense because the content provider should actually be Roku who now owns the rights.