Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Chad season 2 - how to watch?

Hi @jcboyless,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We apologize for the confusion. It is indeed Chad season 2 is finished and ready to air on The Roku Channel as its new home. We may have to inform you that the official release is yet to be announced.

We hope for your understanding regarding this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
cavalli1021
Reel Rookie

Hollywood Reporter published (click here) Roku would be airing Chad Season 2 starting 10/6/23.  While that day has literally come and gone, it's encouraging that it was reported at all.  TBS had the entire S2 in the can and ready to air and pulled it literally "day of" airing (twice), so no production work needed to make it air.  Just need a date and hopefully the article gives Chad fans hope.  Will repost again if/when I see any other updated dates, but October was the one outstanding for a couple of weeks.  Chad season 2 page is able to be found on Google, but nothing populating it except the original TBS trailer.  Cheers!

jcboyless
Binge Watcher

@cavalli1021 good catch. I'm always looking for anything on the internet about Chad but I missed that Hollywood Reporter listing. Obviously, nothing happened on that day but it's still signs of life. 🙂

trogers71
Reel Rookie

1000% agree with you! There’s no reason for the hold up and their customer service is a joke with their non-answer answers. We want Chad season 2 or at least a date it will be added to Roku.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community, @trogers71.

We completely understand your eagerness and excitement to stream Season 2 of the series Chad. As of the moment, we currently don't have information about the release date of it. If you want to hear about the latest updates on the Roku streaming platform, you can check the official website of our Roku Blog

Let us know if you have further clarifications or are in need of any assistance. We'd be glad to continue doing so.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
jcboyless
Binge Watcher

for @trogers71 and anyone else following this topic, just in case you missed it...Chad - Season 1 is finally available on Roku!

https://www.roku.com/whats-on/tv-shows/chad?id=c0dbc7d286f057aca2aaf9ce43087591

hopefully this means Season 2 is coming soon! 🙂

trogers71
Reel Rookie

@jcboyless I am very aware season 1 of Chad is available on Roku, hence my comment regarding wanting/needing/demanding season 2! I, as well as a ton of other people, have finished season 1 and am wondering why Roku is dragging their feet putting up season 2 since it's been ready for broadcast for well over a year.

jcboyless
Binge Watcher

ok, cool. i somehow missed that Season 1 got added so that’s a good sign. yesterday marked the one year anniversary of Roku’s press release regarding Chad so hopefully we’ll hear something about Season 2 soon.

cavalli1021
Reel Rookie

Most sources I've recently seen say Chad should be released on Roku in "late 2023", so there's still time.  This came out a couple of weeks ago, showing that (at least) it hasn't (yet) been removed:

https://deadline.com/2023/09/christoph-waltzs-most-dangerous-game-zoe-lister-jones-slip-removed-roku...

Chad, the comedy series from Nasim Pedrad, was saved by Roku at the end of last year after it was scrapped by Warner Bros. Discovery’s TBS. The streamer picked up the second season, which had been filmed. Deadline understands that the series is still set to launch on Roku and was not affected by the removals.

jcboyless
Binge Watcher

@cavalli1021 great news, thanks for sharing! Good find on Deadline. Hopefully we get Chad - Season 2 soon! 🙂

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.