Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tekola
Reel Rookie

Re: Cbs app says " we're sorry, an error occurred" when i try to stream a show.

No solution to this problem. 

App starts, but trying to stream live gets "we're sorry, an error occured."

Only in CBS app.  Every channel and stream in CBS app.

Menus work, but no videos work.  CBS NEWS "we're sorry, an error occured."

Installed, uninstalled, restarted.  Disconnected cables reinstalled.  Absolutely nothing will get CBS working.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @tekola

Thanks for the post.

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MrsMurphy

I am having this same issue.  Constantly have to sign out and sign back in.  I have removed both CBS and Paramount+ channels (logging out of my account before doing so.).  I restarted Roku.  Reinstalled the apps.  Logged back in with my account (I have a TV provider and a Paramount+ account).  Works initially and then the next time I try to use the app/channel it gives me "We have encountered an error.  Please try again later".  No other streaming services or networks have this issue (NBC, Peacock, ABC, Prime Video, etc.) - only the CBS apps/channels.  Please fix this!

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @MrsMurphy

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the CBS channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting CBS Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
lonalwest

This worked for me.  Open the CBS app in Roku, then in the left menu scroll down to "sign out" and click on it.  The next time you try to open the CBS app it will give you a code with instructions on how to activate it.

JD29

This actually worked!  Thank you.