Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skip2922
Reel Rookie

Cbs app says " we're sorry, an error occurred" when i try to stream a show.

My CBS app says " we're sorry, an error occurred" when I try to stream a show. I've tried Uninstalling cbs and re installed it, same issue. Trying to contact someone at roku or cbs is like trying to drain the ocean, it can't be done. Anyone have any advice out there?

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Cbs app says " we're sorry, an error occurred" when i try to stream a show.

Hello @skip2922

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How to resolve a channel playback issue 

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
skip2922
Reel Rookie

I did this and still have the same problem. I did a factory reset, which is a pain as I obviously had to redo everything, but I still have the same issue. It is only with the cbs app.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

@skip2922

Appreciate your response.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach them here 

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@skip2922-

I have not used the CBS app in a long time but I tried it tonight to see if I experienced your problem.

I can't get the CBS app to load here at all.  It tries to load then just returns to the Roku home page channel grid. Remove/Restart/Reload has made no difference, which should indicate I have a clean install of the latest version.  I have CBS Version 7.7, build 20220928.

I received Roku OS version 11.5 just yesterday. It may be that CBS needs to update their app to be compatible with Roku 11.5.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@makaiguy, if you have both the CBS and Paramount channels (and anything else that may be associated with CBS) try removing them all and then restarting.  If they share the registry then just removing one doesn't clear the registry.  Just a thought, although 11.5 is probably the more likely culprit.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
FedUpNow
Reel Rookie

I ran into this issue...I updated my system and it is resolved..not sure if that will help you or not, but I followed the directions on updating your system here:  https://support.roku.com/article/208755668 so far so good

0 Kudos
jstonb65

The CBS app hasn't been working for weeks, and it was spotty before.  Removing/restarting/adding doesn't work.  I'm convinced they are trying to make people get Paramount+. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jstonb65

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bfr22
Reel Rookie

So I was having the same issue and here is what I found worked for me, after thinking nothing was working. I made sure my Roku box had all updates. Then I deleted the CBS app. Then I restarted my Roku box. Then I reinstalled the CBS app. The difference that I noted was that when I went into the CBS app and it forced me to activate (I always chose the online computer/mobile option) rather than before where it sent me to cbs.com/roku and would issue a 5 character code…NOW it directed me to cbs.com/tv/roku and issued a 7 digit code.  Once I put that in everything worked.  Good luck.  Hope it works for you.  If it does Reply here and Kudos this answer so others can benefit.

0 Kudos