Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZenMasterChip
Streaming Star

Re: Captions not staying on English

The factory reset worked on one of my systems but not both.  For the one, it was normal for two days, before losing (CC).  Audio is still working.  You're probably right about Paramount being the one. Still because it is on a Roku, Roku will be helping paramount troubleshoot, just in case. I agree, we all need to be calling Paramount.  My tech said the same thing yours did... the indexes are coming through correctly.  However it doesn't affect all machines the same. There the only difference IS the Roku! 

Plus, the Roku plays the stream using the Paramount app.  Nevertheless, the Roku handles the connection to the WiFi or network router via Cat5, if your device has that. So, if the exploit is occuring in stream, or using the Roku to corrupt the stream, then Roku is at fault.  Paramount said that they are getting the correct index for the language, and we don't know where the two systems working together are being hijacked, or exploited.  Neither company is in the clear... yet! 🙂  My tech said it appeared the right stream was being sent; so, was it modified after it started the stream. First the request, with details, then Ads (often with problems), then wrong stream.  So, yes received the right index, but that can be changed mid stream... right? 😉  I know I've done it.  Not with audio, never tried, but with (CC) that can be changed anytime. right?  So ... Roku? or where?, when?

I just think it will take time... and after Thanksgiving I will be checking in with Paramount! 🙂
Chip

0 Kudos
MsRubyTuesday
Binge Watcher

Re: Captions not staying on English on Paramount+

Ok.. so as of Thanksgiving day I have just done the factory reset. So far so good about the CC on SEAL Team starts in English like it's suppose to. As someone mentioned it only lasted 2 days for them. I'll keep you guys posted!

0 Kudos
mm75098
Reel Rookie

I am seeing this same thing.  Paramount Plus on Roku is so poorly written.  The developers should be ashamed!

I keep getting stuck on German.  I am not going to do a Factory Reset- I would rather cancel Paramount because frankly the content is not that great.  

Roku and Paramount will just blame each other.  This is the MOST disappointment I have had with Roku.  Been a customer for many years since the second model. 

0 Kudos
MsRubyTuesday
Binge Watcher

It may not be Paramount after all. Did factory reset this morning.. and my SEAL Team show it was happening on is on English like it's suppose to be.. Yay! Haha.. plus it fixed all my other issues that Roku never resolved. Such as the Screensaver freezing shows/apps. But know what you mean.. back then Roku blamed HBO app and HBO blamed Roku. 

0 Kudos
ZenMasterChip
Streaming Star

Re: Captions not staying on English

My 2nd machine which was not helped by doing Factory Reset and still failed after this today worked correctly.  I have yet to check (CC).  I also, tried turning off (CC) to see what happened, since I did the same the first set has been working for main audio also.  I have yet to check to see what (CC) does for both of these units. I am enjoying a trouble free weekend, and will turn on (CC) on Monday, and see how the two units behave, also, if anything changes I will also report this too.

0 Kudos
ZenMasterChip
Streaming Star

My 2nd machine started showing the correct primary audio language this evening w/o needing another Factory reset.  Will check (CC) after the Holidays on Monday.  Perhaps that will go away as a problem soon too.  So glad that worked for you... they have suprisingly streamlined this process... it wasn't nearly the headache I expected... Sure, a little work, naturally for security not everything is fast... but most of it was... I was happy at how many of my apps were easy to restore once the reset was complete.   

Oops, looks like I had already replied... via site... didn't realize the email was for this... sorry for the duplicate! 

Hope you had a great day of giving thanks! 🙂
Chip

MsRubyTuesday
Binge Watcher

Right! I thought the reset was going to be a horrible time consuming event 😆. Turned out easier than first time set up. Didn't have to look for apps. I'm hoping it stays working right too. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Closed caption shows up in German instead of English while watching Star Trek

Hi @Huskymomof2 @burnsjeremy @mrsphalanx ,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details below so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Phoqust

We're seeing this with The Good Fight and Madam Secretary switching to Danish (dansk).

• Model: 4800X - Roku Ultra
  • SN: <redacted>
  • Software Version: 11.5.0 build 4235-C2
  • Device ID: <redacted>

At a guess, the Paramount+ channel is ignoring the default caption language and using the first language on the list (alphabetically). It happens every time we enter the app, even to go out and look at the System page to get the information noted above.

0 Kudos
MsRubyTuesday
Binge Watcher

Someone suggested to factory reset the roku. It's worked so far for them, me and others. Even fixed the darn Screensaver issue i was having. It was pretty easy. I just sign back into apps as I go to use them.

0 Kudos