Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alley71
Channel Surfer

Re: Duetch language auto changes

Model 3930RW

X00400X00808

11.5.0 build 4235-AE

S00932400808

Id# 08469453

Only happens when I'm watching Star Trek TOS on Paramount+  doesn't matter if I'm starting from the menu or if it's the next episode, it seems to continue to revert back to Duetch. My system is set for English in all aspects. Almost as if paramount has set the default stream to German. 

0 Kudos
perfycat
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem on my Roku (TCL) TVs.  I have three Roki (TCL) TVs.  All of them use German Subtitles now by default when I watch Blue Bloods or Star Trek.  This started between 11/18 to 11/20

perfycat
Reel Rookie

I should add to my comment above that I can switch it to English, close Paramount Plus, open Paramount Plus and it is back to German.  No other app on my Roku TV does this.  Roku settings are set to English.

Alley71
Channel Surfer

Same. Doesn't happen on any other Roku device I own or on the mobile app. 

0 Kudos
billfoot

I find this happening when I watch Deep Space Nine.  It also happens on the Star Trek the Oringinal Series, Star Trek Voyager and Star Trek the Next Generation.   I tried Enterprise and Episode 1 was English but later episodes show German captions. 

Using Paramount Plus 7.8 build 20221109

On 3810x roku streaming stick 

11.5.0 build 4235-50.

I uninstalled - restarted and reinstalled with same results.   Roku and Paramount Plus have a bug.

Alley71
Channel Surfer

What ever is going on it's seems to be getting more virulent.. now it's on 2 out of 5  of my rokus.  The ones that are part of the TV's haven't been affected yet but my sticks and my big Roku are all doing it.  Paramount+ seems to be the common denominator. 

0 Kudos
ZenMasterChip
Streaming Star

Re: Captions not staying on English

I see a few more people are joining in as more and more systems are being affected.  We all seem to concur, Paramount only, one show only, however I can't attest without know what other languages are availabe for other shows whether it's affecting them or not.. I can say, they don't always show in the language chosen for the (CC) closed captioning... but other than that, for me it's Star Trek the Next Generation.

I've also informed Paramount, and so hopefully, both Roku and Paramount will get together, and find what's happening... 
It being Thanksgiving, I'm busy the next few days, and the weekend with family. But, will get that model number of my failing Roku.  I'll say that whatever exploit is being used, it's a weird one...   On my one machine after Factory reset, it looked like it worked, and when I moved it to another room, it immediately failed.  Odd, but I think unrelated, just hat to catch it at the right (wrong?) time. 

I still suspect it's related to the Ads that appear just before the show... is anyone else having problems with the ads failing and getting errors, or just not appearing at all?  Just curious if that's consistant.
I almost never get the ads, and when I do, it's often after they've failed, then the show starts to stream and generates an error like 6040 or I think 6290 before it will play.  Those are occurring on other shows... but they aren't being affected with the main audio language like STTNG is.  It's frustrating. 🙂

Good luck tier 2. 🙂
Chip

0 Kudos
Kh4
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue on Paramount +
Channel version 7.7  

I could not get the tracker is # from the directions given. My settings are for English and they are in German on Hawaii Five-O and Bull. All seasons, all episodes.

model 3900X

SN YG 000R058150

Version 11.5.0 build 4235-51

ID C337A0058250

C8:3A:6B:63:IF:73

Please advise if Roku can fix this without me having to do a factory reset. 

0 Kudos
MsRubyTuesday
Binge Watcher

Paramount version 7.7 (no available updates)

3939X - Roku Express

Serial# - C00400F5DYXF

Software Vs - 11.5.0 build 4235-AE

So far I've only experienced this in Paramount+ app on Roku device for the series SEAL Team 2017. Everytime I start or continue an episode, the closed captions are set to Deutch instead of English. I then have to reset it back to English 

Cannot activate Tracker ID.

@RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

We'll go ahead and send this over to the appropriate Roku team for investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator