Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnboy451

Cannot view anything on MAX via ROKU

MAX loads just fine on ROKU but I can not watch anything. I get an error message with the following error code:

e601ab2f-28e6-4f05-b27a-894af510c95e

MAX works just fine on my computer. I can watch anything I want. Doesn't work only on ROKU. I have followed all the restart/reset instructions to no avail.

Gotta say, ROKU's lack of human support via voice or chat SUCKS!

Please help.

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
johnboy451

Re: Cannot view anything on MAX via ROKU

Tried to delete this reply but couldn't figure out how.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @johnboy451,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with the Max channel on your Roku device. We're happy to help.

Could you try the following steps to resolve the issue?

• Remove the channel >> Restart the device through the settings >> Add channel.
  • Update the channel by highlighting the app on the home screen and pressing the star button on your remote.
  • Restart router

Additionally, you can reach out to the channel provider to inquire if there's an ongoing issue with the abovementioned channel. They should be able to assist you further with their app's functionality.

Please let us know what you find out.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SPF50
Reel Rookie

I had this same issue.

I originally subscribed to HBO/MAX through my cable provider. However, I canceled my cable subscription and purchased a subscription directly from MAX/Warner Bros. Though my cable subscription was canceled, Roku still expected me to login through that provider.

I did a Roku factory reset (TCL Roku TV) and that fixed the MAX app for me. I needed to decouple my Roku TV from my closed Spectrum account.

In other areas of this forum, some users found that a similar issue was related to 4K HDR display settings.

I hope this helps OP or others searching for a solution.

0 Kudos
SPF50
Reel Rookie

I'm here to report after the last update, Roku has reverted to not letting me access MAX and has me tethered to Spectrum still. This is pretty much the last straw and I'll be getting a new TV tomorrow that uses a different platform. I tried multiple factory resets, changing access emails, but to no avail. The problem lies with Roku.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@SPF50 Roku has nothing to do with your problem. The app/channel is provided by HBO, not Roku. For some reason they have your credentials cached in the app (not the Roku itself) and that's where the issue is. I am assuming you used the Sign Out feature within the MAX app, correct? That should permit you to log back in with different credentials. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
SPF50
Reel Rookie

Yes, I have signed out, multiple times. I have performed multiple factory resets, being sure to answer 'no' to the cable access question. I have deleted and reinstalled MAX. I used to get HBO/MAX through Spectrum, but canceled my service and subscribed directly through Warner Bros. I have changed email addresses on Roku and MAX to be different from the one linked to the canceled Spectrum service.

A couple of weeks ago, trying to troubleshoot this, the factory reset worked and I was able to access MAX. More accurately, I was able to watch MAX. I've been able to access all along, just not able to play anything.

I'm confident this is a Roku issue because 1) when troubleshooting with MAX customer service, they stated it's a known issue with Roku; 2) another profile has no issue accessing and watching MAX via Apple TV; 3) I had Verizon TV for a short spell after switching to FIOS. I was able to access and watch MAX via the Verizon TV platform. Verizon TV provided a QR code to activate via the mobile app and that worked. Roku does not offer the QR code / mobile app activation.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Remember that Roku uses a programming language that is different from any other platform. The internal coding is not the same, so it's immaterial if it works correctly on different platforms.  HBO might be having issues with their Roku app, but it's still their app, not the Roku itself. They are just conveniently placing the blame elsewhere while they attempt to figure out what they did wrong. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.