Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bon42
Channel Surfer

Cannot sign into Discovery+

I have a 6 month free trial from my new internet provider, Verizon. When I try to sign into the Discovery+ channel via my Roku using EITHER my Roku password OR my password established through my Verizon trial NOTHING works. I cannot get the app to accept my sign in, and it only wants me to sign up

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cannot sign into Discovery+

Forget trying to use your Roku password.  You will never need to enter your Roku password on your Roku device for any reason.  It's only useful on https://my.roku.com or to log on in the Roku phone/tablet app.  Go to the Discovery+ website and try to log on with whatever Verizon gave you.  Once you figure out how to log in there you can use that email and password on the Discovery+ channel/app on your Roku device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Bon42
Channel Surfer

Thank you - I've tried that. I can get into Discovery+ on ALL devices except my TV via my Roku. It keeps prompting me to "sign up" meaning I have only a 7 day trial, whereas Verizon is giving me 6 months. I tried removing the channel, re-adding it, same issue.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I don't know if it will help, but when you remove a channel/app and add it again make sure you perform a "System restart" from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power (as appropriate) immediately after you remove it and before you add it again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Bon42
Channel Surfer

so I solved the issue of not signing into the app on the TV. Now I have a 30 day free trial with Roku, but the app still will not let me sign in with my Roku password/username.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bon42

Thanks for the post.

Are you subscribed through Roku Pay? If so, are you trying to access Discovery+ content through The Roku Channel or through the channel directly?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bon42
Channel Surfer

Hi and thank you for trying to help.

Roku offered me this trial subscription because I just upgraded my Roku device. So, I am certainly on this channel via the Roku subscription. However, unless I "subscribe" I can't sign in. I am not going to subscribe or give my credit card and then be unable to discontinue or delete, so I guess I won't be able to use this.

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Earlier today I had no issue using the 6 month trial from Verizon wireless for discovery+. I originally set up everything on Verizon's site then I installed Discovery+ on my tv and then signed into Discovery+

0 Kudos
Bon42
Channel Surfer

just turned on the TV and VOILA!! suddenly I am able to access the Discovery+ via Roku.  Who knows? Maybe it just took a while for them to recognize me.

Thank you ALL for the help!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.