Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nycgato
Reel Rookie

Cannot log into Max using Mobile app

Max launches, but the user must then enter their email and password. However, text entered using the mobile app keyboard is not entered in the fields for user email and password. There are keyboard sound effects, but no text is actually entered, so it’s not possible to log into Max. Max customer service claims this is a Roku problem, not a Max problem 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cannot log into Max using Mobile app

Hi @Nycgato

Congratulations on your first post in the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to help you get back on the Max channel.

Kindly provide us the following:

• Current version of the Max channel which can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.
  • Screenshot or photo of the issue you are experiencing on screen

We're looking forward for your response.

All the best,

Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Have you tried using the Roku remote? Once my password was updated, I was able to log in without any problems..the new UI is a huge improvement over the HBO version though I'm somewhat disappointed in audio volumes..I have to turn the volume up higher on my AVR than with other apps. Hope you get logged in without problems..Enjoy

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
Nycgato
Reel Rookie

I lost my remote--that's why I was using the Roku iPhone app as my remote--but I ordered a new remote. I did have to delete and reinstall the Max app once, but I was then able to enter my email and password. I haven't tried using the Roku iPhone app again, but it may work now that I shouldn't have to enter my password again. I did notice that I was turning the audio up more than usual, but I was just relieved to be able to access Max!

0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Happy to hear you got it up and running using the app. And I'm hoping it will get updated again with volume improvements among others. That said, I find the updated UI far better than the HBO app and am enjoying it very much. 

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos