Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbwksf
Binge Watcher

MAX repeats over and over on start of episode (and other issues)

After transition to MAX, there have been serveral very annoying issues:

- starting an episode (Succession, NewRoom) the video plays for 2-3 seconds and then loops forever.  Have to go forward a bit to get past this glitch

- it loses the setting for English Audio Description from one episode to the next.  I have to rest this at the start of each episode from one day to the next (if go from one eopisode to another in the same session, the AD setting is preserved)

- it does not properly keep track of what episodes have been watched.  Have to sometimes search to find the show (like Succession) and then go the proper season and episode

The app is really a mess right now (and, yes, I have checked and am running the latest Roku code, and the latest Max code, plus I have rebootedf the Roku to no avail).

Bob Warren

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
jontalk
Roku Guru

Re: MAX repeats over and over on start of episode (and other issues)

Curious which Roku model you're using and the type of connection (WiFi/wired). I ask since I have the 4800 Ultra with a wired connection and am not having these issues. The only difference I'm finding are volume levels on content need to be cranked a bit. Other than that I feel the Max update is far better than HBO was..Have you tried removing, power cycling and adding it back? That often solves app problems

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
rbwksf
Binge Watcher

Re: MAX repeats over and over on start of episode (and other issues)

I also have a 4800 (Ultra) running on wired Ethernet.

Note that when one is subscribed to a Roku channel, the channel cannot be deleted without cancelling the subscription.  Not worth that effort.

I suspect I will just cancel the subscription (and re-subscribe if there is something else I want to watch.  Maybe at that point the many problems will be resolved....

0 Kudos