Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get Roku airplay to cast my shows, asks me to enter a code.

Jump to solution

I'm trying to cast a streaming app ( not one I can find on Roku) with my android phone. I press the cast button on my phone and choose Roku airplay it then comes up with a code...I have no idea where to put this code to allow my show to cast. It eventually just goes back to the Roku home screen. Please help. Thank you 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't get Roku airplay to cast my shows, asks me to enter a code.

Jump to solution

Hi, @Shazzamataz.

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're experiencing difficulty using the Airplay. Don't worry; we're here to help and provide you with information. 

Please be informed that Airplay only applies to iOS devices such as iPhones and iPads. To cast your Android phone to a Roku device, you may need to use the screen mirroring feature on your Roku.

To mirror your screen, first enable the feature on your Android™
or Windows® device, then request a connection to your Roku device. Once connected, your mobile screen will be displayed on your TV.

image.png

You may refer to the steps provided below to screen mirror your phone to your Roku: 

1. On your Android device, pull down the status bar and tap Smart View. You may need to swipe to find the option.
  2. Select your Roku device from the Smart View menu to start the connection
  3. Follow the instructions on your Roku device to allow screen mirroring

image.png

Common terms for screen mirroring include: 

1. Smart View
2. Quick Connect
3. Smart Share
4. AllShare Cast
5. Wireless Display
6. Display Mirroring
7. HTC Connect
8. Screen Casting
9. Cast

For more comprehensive details, visit this support FAQ on how to screen mirror from your phone, tablet, or computer to your Roku streaming device.

We hope this information helps. Let us know if you need more assistance. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't get Roku airplay to cast my shows, asks me to enter a code.

Jump to solution

Hi, @Shazzamataz.

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're experiencing difficulty using the Airplay. Don't worry; we're here to help and provide you with information. 

Please be informed that Airplay only applies to iOS devices such as iPhones and iPads. To cast your Android phone to a Roku device, you may need to use the screen mirroring feature on your Roku.

To mirror your screen, first enable the feature on your Android™
or Windows® device, then request a connection to your Roku device. Once connected, your mobile screen will be displayed on your TV.

image.png

You may refer to the steps provided below to screen mirror your phone to your Roku: 

1. On your Android device, pull down the status bar and tap Smart View. You may need to swipe to find the option.
  2. Select your Roku device from the Smart View menu to start the connection
  3. Follow the instructions on your Roku device to allow screen mirroring

image.png

Common terms for screen mirroring include: 

1. Smart View
2. Quick Connect
3. Smart Share
4. AllShare Cast
5. Wireless Display
6. Display Mirroring
7. HTC Connect
8. Screen Casting
9. Cast

For more comprehensive details, visit this support FAQ on how to screen mirror from your phone, tablet, or computer to your Roku streaming device.

We hope this information helps. Let us know if you need more assistance. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.