Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t add a channel named burrow

I’m trying to add the burrow channel. It says it’s added but won’t work on device. I can see it’s added on my phone. 

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can’t add a channel named burrow

Hi @Angelac122278,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We'd like to know more about how we can help. If the channel does not appear on your Roku device, go to your Roku device and select Settings > System > System update > Check now.

In addition, we also suggest checking if the Roku account email you used to add the channel is directly linked to the device by going to Settings > System > About.

Keep us posted with what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Angelac122278 

Seems like the Burrow channel/app is playing fine.

What is the Roku device model number and Software version? (Settings/System/About)

When you say you can see it on your phone as added, are you also seeing it on your device but it is just not playing, or is it not showing up on your device?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
KJE

I also am trying to add this channel to my device but am having issues (obviously, or I wouldn't be here lol). I added it from my online account but when I search it from the device or the app I can't even get the search to pull up the channel. Now I can't figure out how to uninstall the channel to start over and try again cause it only lets you do so from the device. About to delete my whole account and start over from scratch.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@KJE 

Generally, if you are unable to find a channel/app from the Streaming Channel Search on your Home Screen from a device, it usually means that the device won't support that particular channel/app.

What is the model number of your Roku device and the Software Build version.  Both are found under Settings/System/About.

0 Kudos

My Roku device won’t let me see my download of burrow channel. It shows I downloaded it online. I tried resetting my Roku device and updating it but the channel won’t come up. It also won’t come up when I search it. 

model: 2710x 

serial number: 1xk587052084

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Mikeyymillz228,

We're sorry to hear that you are having trouble adding the channel to your Roku device. For clarification, does the issue only occur on this specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? We can also see that you are unable to search the channel on your Roku device. 

If the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to Burrow support directly to share your feedback.

They'll be able to best assist you. Let us know if you need additional support and we assist you further.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Mikeyymillz228 

Similar to the issue with @KJE above.  The 2710 is considered a legacy device and is no longer supported or capable of receiving the current OS Roku updates.  You are currently limited to OS 11.0.  Many channels/apps are still able to operate on this device with this OS, but some channels/apps will fail to operate or be available for install due to either hardware or OS limitations.

Roku is currently on OS 11.5.  Since you are able to see Burrow as available in the online Roku Channel Store, indicates it is available to download on your account.  Unfortunately, you are not seeing it on your 2710 because the channel/app does not appear to support your device. (cannot run on it).

If you upgrade your Roku device (one capable of 11.5 OS), you should find that the Burrow will operate on your newer Roku device.  May also want to check your online dashboard at https://www.roku.com/ and see if you have any offers/discounts available on a new device.

https://www.roku.com/products/players

https://developer.roku.com/docs/specs/hardware.md#legacy-models

0 Kudos

I am experiencing the exact same issue I near Nashville TN do you think they have it blocked in areas of the US?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @WalkinTall61 

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us specifically about the issue you're experiencing? What's the model number of your Roku device? This can be found in Settings > System > About. Please reply here as well with the troubleshooting you've tried so we know what steps we should take next. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos