Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SCt1
Channel Surfer

Re: Can only connect to three channels

Jump to solution

Remove/Reboot is that two different things. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@SCt1 wrote:

Remove/Reboot is that two different things. 

Yes, that's two different steps. To remove a channel, you highlight the channel tile, then press the * button. Remove channel will be one of the menu options. Once it finishes removing the channel, all of the coding for the channel is still there until you reboot. The best way to reboot is to go into the Settings menu. I don't have an Express, so the menu might be slightly different. There might be a Power menu setting, or you might just see a System Restart. This will cause the Roku to reboot, and once you're back on the home screen you can install the channel fresh again.

Caution: you want Restart, NOT Reset. If it asks you to type in a PIN, stop, because you've hit the Reset menu.

The other way to reboot is to simply pull the power cord for 30 seconds. Can't mess that one up. 😄

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
SCt1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you for your patience.

0 Kudos
daniel7
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm having this same issue.

Disney+: "We're sorry, we're having trouble connecting you to the service. Please check to see that you're still connected to the Internet, and try again. (Error code 42)

HBOMax: "Sorry, but we were unable to authenticate your device and can't continue"

ABC: "There appears to be a problem. Please try relaunching the app. If you still experience issues, please contact us at abc.com/roku Code 013-0600-406"

This is on Roku Ultra. Channels have been removed, the device rebooted, and the channels reinstalled. Still no luck. The Roku is connected via ethernet and I can confirm the internet connectivity with a laptop connected to that cable is fine.

0 Kudos