Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haven TV series no longer free on Acorn/Roku

Was watching Haven TV series on Acorn/Roku until July 31. On Aug. 1 the episodes changed from free to $1.99 per episode on Amazon Prime, but no longer available on Acorn. Why is this series no longer provided with my Acorn monthly subscription?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Haven TV series no longer free on Acorn/Roku

@TempletonEd 

The streaming content offered for free on different channels is rotated and available depending on licensing. (Available for different amount of times).  

Haven was available on the Roku Channel and others for quite a long time (great series).  It will likely return in the future (no guarantees though).  I was not aware it was also on the Acorn Channel during this time.

It is never really indicated how long a particular series or movie will be available when offered for free on any of the channels/apps. Depends how long the licensing agreement is for (and these are not revealed, for some reason.)

You can add Haven to your "My Feed" feature on the Home Screen of your Roku device, and should alert you when episodes become free again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos