Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: CBC Gem disconnecting after 30 minutes. And more

Hi community users,

Thanks for keeping us posted about this issue on the CBC Gem!

We appreciate your effort in flooding us with this issue, and we will be glad to assist you further with this problem that you're having. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting Check for Updates.

If the problem still persists, we recommend that you contact the channel partner to address the issue you're having and get additional support. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from them.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fembury
Binge Watcher

Re: CBC Gem disconnecting after 30 minutes

I,thought I had it fixed. But seems GEM engineers either bumped me off or have worsened the problem. Imammbaxk ro having to log in each time I want to see this channel again. I hope they figure  this out soon. 

Fembury
Binge Watcher

Him did your GEM stay active on your roku now?  Mine began telling me to log in again last night. So my fix didn’t remain.   Hope yours did. 

0 Kudos
Fembury
Binge Watcher

Re: CBC Gem disconnecting after 30 minutes

I agree,with you. Wish they had just left it alone. It worked fine 

Lizzy6561
Binge Watcher

This fix didn't work for me it's still disconnecting back to homescreen i dont know if I did something wrong? First I checked for updates just in case then I uninstalled reinstalled gem and then restarted my roku. Then I found in the end where the sign in with a code is, got the code, went on to gem on my phone, signed in, it asked me for the code after that, I entered the code and my phone said the device is paired and gem on the roku immediately picked that up just fine  so everything seemed to be going according to plan. It signed me in as soon as I entered the code....started watching a show on gems live TV and 20 minutes later it disconnected back to rokus homescreen. Anything in what I did stand out to those of you who this fix worked for? If there js anything i missed? This is making me insane! Especially knowing that this fix did work for some of you  I was so hopeful when it seemed it had gone according to plan so it was so disappointing when it went back to the roku screen again 😕 sooo please read over what I did and see if you can figure out why it did not work for me 

Thank you for Any help you can give 

0 Kudos
Sandy-AA
Channel Surfer

Hey.  Don't let it worry you.  I thought that was going to work, entered the code, paired and all that.  But no it still makes me sign in again next time in, and shuts off around the 50 minute mark.  So you did nothing wrong and its not working for anyone else even after doing the code and pairing.  I give up.  I am not bothering or wasting any more time trying.  I will sign in to watch the show I want to watch but won't  be bothering any longer especially after it shuts itself off.  Either they fix it up or they don't it will be their loss for sure.  

Have a good evening.  🙂 

0 Kudos
BunnyLady
Channel Surfer

My bedroom TV is now disconnnecting after 12 minutes and I have to log in at least 6 times a day now.  Not to mention that the remote for my living room TV stopped working yesterday after only 17 months.  Of course it's out of warranty now and it's the standard model so it can't be reset - I will have a purchase another one.  Sigh......

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BunnyLady,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

We understand you still need help with the CBC Gem channel. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps that @RokuJohnB provided above? If you need help, we suggest you try the troubleshooting steps and let us know if you are still experiencing the issue.

Please let us know how it goes, and we'll continue assisting you there.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PEJ5
Reel Rookie

Update:  Gem on Roku appears to be working better.  I no longer have to login each time and for two nights now, I have watched more than one hour of programming without being disconnected.

I should mention that I did not have to remove Gem and re-add it.  Things simply started working.

Thank for the fixes.

0 Kudos
Sandy-AA
Channel Surfer

Yes.  As of yesterday it didn't make me sign in when I went onto GEM, and it didn't shut off every hour on the hour.  So far it seems they have ironed out the kinks in their app for Roku.  

Great news, and enjoyed watching for more than 50 minutes.

0 Kudos