Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sandy-AA
Channel Surfer

Re: CBC Gem disconnecting after 30 minutes

Maybe they should hire some channel programmers from another channel, if their people can't fix something so simple.  

Or go back to the way it was as plain old CBC channel.  At least we could watch it without signing in all the time or interruptions, lol. 

I would prefer watching GEM but don't like watching it on my computer or phone, and don't feel like setting up to stream it from my computer to TV.  

It's not rocket science is it lol.

0 Kudos
PEJ5
Reel Rookie

I just removed Gem (highlight Gem and press *), restarted Roku and re-added Gem.

Gem now remembers my login so that is a big improvement! Time will tell if it also solves the disconnection problem.

Now, if Gem could remember my location.  According to the help information, they've been working on that for two years.

0 Kudos
Lizzy6561
Binge Watcher

Haha ..perhaps we can suggest that. And no it sure isn't rocket science. You and I clearly are on thr dame page    I hate watching it on my tablet or computer and wish they had at least left thr old app as an option  my patience is coming to an end. Before they switched the roku to gem I did try mirroring from my tablet to my roku smart TV but they either messed that up too or don't allow mirroring cause although I could connect to thr TV and bring up gem all it gave me was a black screen  it's just so annoying  I'm going to try shortly to see if it works for me with the removing reinstalling then restarting  let me know how it goes for you and I will do the same. If it works for one of us but not thr other at least then we can have something to work from 

0 Kudos
Sandy-AA
Channel Surfer

I just removed, readded GEM.  Had to sign in again, and it shut off around the 50 minute mark again. 

So no improvements.  

Its a hot day here in Northern Ontario, I guess I will get out and enjoy before summer is gone.  Have a good day.

0 Kudos
Lizzy6561
Binge Watcher

No improvements whatsoever  had to sign in kicked out after 20 minutes. Come on cbc!!! This isn't a good look ...if you're not going to fix soon please give us back thr other cbc app

Fembury
Binge Watcher

Re: CBC Gem disconnecting after 30 minutes. And more

Mine kept making me login every time I chose the gem channel. And then would regularly lock me out. gem finally admitted their app was dysfunctional after they reformatted. No, Solutions offered by them. Told me to check with roku. After deleting and reinstalling a number of times, I finally went online. I logged into my gem account online.  Once logged in I was asked to enter the code that was on my Roku screen. I entered the code. And now I  can access all content on my gem on roku. Let’s hope this continues.  No thanks to GEM support

0 Kudos
Fembury
Binge Watcher

I replied to sandra. I think my efforts fixed the problem. Look,at my comments and try. I can’t  see, to copy paste here. And I can’t spend any more time here. 

0 Kudos
Sandy-AA
Channel Surfer

Well I think you are onto something there.  I went on Roku, opened my GEM and when it asked me to sign in instead I clicked on the sign in with a code to your GEM account, in upper screen on left.  I clicked on that and the activation site appears for cbc, and a code.

Thank i did the sign into GEM on my phone app, signed in there, and the request for code came up, put it in and it paired with my GEM channel on Roku.  This should solve the issue.  You are right they made the change and didnt give any instructions on how to run it.  

Thank you for sharing the fix that you found on your own 🙂 

0 Kudos
Fembury
Binge Watcher

Glad,I could help. Now maybe I need to teach GEM some tech skills. 

0 Kudos
Lizzy6561
Binge Watcher

How did you get the sign in with a code option on Gem? I don't see that on my roku gem 

0 Kudos