Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
margot12
Reel Rookie

Britbox problems September 2023

About 2 days ago, Britbox stopped loading on both my Roku Streambar and Roku Ultra.  When I click it, it looks like it's going to load but then just returns to the Roku home screen.  I've rebooted both devices and reinstalled the app on both - which really seems stupid because it's doing the same thing on both and started at the same time so not device dependent.  Have I missed something?  Was there a change with Britbox and Roku?  Am I the only one having this problem now (9/2023)???  Thanks!

Followup

I've looked at my router and wireless access point settings and I don't see anything that would cause a problem. So I installed the Britbox app on my phone and it works plus I am able to run it through Chrome on my PC.  So I'm back to Roku being the problem. 

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Britbox problems September 2023

@margot12 

Britbox working fine on my devices (including an Ultra 4660).  The channel/app has always been a little resource hungry/slow on my devices though.

The correct procedure when reinstalling a channel/app is Remove, Restart, Reinstall.

----

Since you are having a problem on both devices, I would first try the above Remove, Restart, Reinstall procedure and then also restart the router (and any other network equipment like extenders, etc).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
margot12
Reel Rookie

Well, I had hopes that this would work but it didn't. I tried the remove, reboot and reinstall but it makes sense that it could be a network problem since it's affecting both devices but I rebooted the router and wireless access point and it still isn't working.  I'm going to make sure there's nothing on my router settings that could block the Britbox servers.

0 Kudos
ethyll

My Britbox app also stopped loading on both of my devices on that Thursday. I have two Roku Premiere+ units. I have removed, rebooted, and reinstalled as well as changed networks. All other apps are working fine.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

Thanks for flagging this channel behavior with us.

Since Britbox is displaying a playback issue on your Roku devices, we want to look deeper into this so we can have a resolution, but we'll need more details. Kindly provide the following:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur specifically on the Britbox channel? If so, what version/build is the channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ethyll

ROKU 1

Model

4630X – Roku Premiere+

Serial Number

YR00A6731775

Software Version

12.5.0 – build 4165-29

Device ID

7KA69A731775

BritBox

Version 3.0 – build 679

Tracker ID

75-378-362

ROKU 2

Model

4630X – Roku Premiere+

Serial Number

YR008R180017

Software Version

12.0.0 – build 4184-29

Device ID

7KA788180017

BritBox

Version 3.0 – build 679

Tracker ID

17-378-370

Link to video file of issue:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ew77acfgukq133hh3ths5/Britbox-September-2023-Issues.mp4?rlkey=bez18k5...

0 Kudos
margot12
Reel Rookie

Streambar

model 9102R

SWversion 12.0.0:4184-95

s/n YL007A052897 (2A1217052897)

Issue ID 97-378-408

Timestamp 2023-09-20718:48:15Z

The Ultra is

model 4670X

SW version 12.0.0:4184

SN YJ00CM003648

Britbox is the only channel doing this, the version is 3.0 build 679

I'm not going to post a video since mine is behaving exactly like the previous poster, ethyll.  If you really need it, let me know. 

My problems started the same day as ethyll's.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @ethyll @margot12!

We highly appreciate you for providing us with the requested details precisely! Rest assured; we will forward your information to the appropriate Roku team for review. In the meantime, we're grateful for your patience and understanding as we work on this. 

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address or create a new thread for different concerns. We'd be more than willing to listen and take action.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
margot12
Reel Rookie

All with Britbox problems -

I contacted Britbox and they tell me that there is a software problem that's causing the Britbox app to bounce and return to the Roku homepage.  They know what it is and are working on fixing it.  Once it's fixed, it will be released as a sw update so they told me to make sure to check for new updates frequently.

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@margot12 

Thanks for the update.  👍

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.