Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjpooley7542
Reel Rookie

[OS 12.0] Britbox is not loading on Roku device

Basically, every time I try to use the Britbox app it spins around and around and goes back to the main Britbox icon.  Please see requested information below.

20230426_155432-1.jpg20230426_160152-2.jpg20230426_160206-3.jpg

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Britbox is not loading on Roku device

Hi @cjpooley7542,

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look into this issue but will need more information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
  • screenshot of what is being shown on the screen

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Zararagirl
Binge Watcher

Roku device model:3931X2

serial number: XO220034CTMF

device ID: S0HAH294CTMF

and software OS/version:12.0 0 build 4178-E4

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Zararagirl 

Thanks for the information. 

Could you confirm, where are you trying to access the channel is it through The Roku Channel or Britbox standalone channel? And also kindly tell us what happen when you tried to access the channel, like the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing. 

Keep us posted. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
jerry-tennis
Channel Surfer

Thanks for what you have done so far.  But I do not understand why it is taking so long to correct the problem. Such a disappointment to not be able to watch the Coronation via Britbox on my Roku tv.  This is not a new problem but a recurring one.

Zararagirl
Binge Watcher

It is standalone channel. 

When you click on it,  there is a spinning circle, then it returns to home screen.

I've done ALL of the recommended fixes. Restarting. Deleting and reinstalling. Software updates. Etc....

0 Kudos
Fraydnerv
Channel Surfer

Exactly what has been happening on my Roku since December of 2022

I am using the "BritBox on Roku" which is better than nothing, although I do object to paying the same for less content, which I have mentioned.  I was watching a few episodes of a program every day, which suddenly disappeared.  I was told the program was not available on the Roku version of BritBox.  Funny how I could watch it for a few days, then it is suddenly gone.

Oh well, I am trying not to let it bother me too much, but it is very frustrating to say the least.   And I am really tired of being asked to go through the same steps again & again.  It's pointless.   

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users, 

Thanks for your post. 

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us with:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a Britbox standalone or through The Roku Channel? what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Zararagirl
Binge Watcher

Roku device model:3931X2

serial number: XO220034CTMF

device ID: S0HAH294CTMF

and software OS/version:12.0 0 build 4178-E4

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Zararagirl

Thanks for the information. 

Can you also confirm, if the issue occurs on the standalone channel or through The Roku Channel?

We'll submit your details to our Support team for further investigation. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.