Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpjackso
Reel Rookie

Re: BritBox suddenly says 'Not available in my country', but I'm based in the US

Jump to solution

IMG_1979.pngIMG_1977.png

Attached, are the two messages that appears when I attempt to view a title.  However, the "Watch Live" button is unaffected.  I first noticed this issue durning the Christmas holiday.

NO, I do not use a VPN.  

NO, this issue does not appears with other web browsers and other devices (such as AppleTV) on the same LAN and WiFi access point.

YES, the problem is limited to this app: BritBox

YES, I have attempted a system restart

YES, the problem appears only to affects Roku devices

YES I have attempted to remove and reinstall the BritBox app.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: BritBox suddenly says 'Not available in my country', but I'm based in the US

Jump to solution

Hi  @jpjackso

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the BritBox channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting BritBox Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Mary20
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Has anyone got a resolution yet. We are getting message Britbox is not available in our country (Canada) and our VPN is an issue (we don’t have one). 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Mary20

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried it yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Mary20
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.  Does not happen with other channels.

Regards,

Mary

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the follow up @Mary20

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach Britbox support here: help@britbox.co.uk

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Millie1496
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mary: I have had this problem, too. If all else fails try unplugging the Roku device from the electric source, let it cool down and plug in again. This has worked for me whenever Roku starts acting up. Good luck!

0 Kudos