Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
de7

Re: Britbox not available in my country

Jump to solution

I was watching show on Britbox and tried tuning in next episode and message came up that Britbox not currently available in US. I pay for and have been watching it for 3 years. What is going on?!?!

0 Kudos
brtreb

Re: BritBox suddenly says 'Not available in my country', but I'm based in the US

Jump to solution

Having the same problem. I can’t get it to even load on my TV/ROKU. It just sits and spins. I also can’t get the app to run my iPad, and can’t login. I can log into the website, but when I try to pay anything, I get the error message “this content not available on this device.” I hope they fix soon…

johnatsh

Jump to solution

I just found this on the BritBox website under "Is BritBox currently down?":

BritBox is currently experiencing a service disruption. 

When accessing any of your devices, you may get an error message of "Out of Country Error", or "Content not available on this device" shows may not play or load.

We're working as fast as possible to restore your service, and we're sorry for the interruption.

Berry64
Reel Rookie

Just got this email from britbox

Jump to solution

Aug 19, 2022, 02:26 UTC

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Apologies for the inconvenience. We're currently experiencing a service disruption. 

Our team is currently working to fix the issue, and we hope to have it resolved shortly. We'll continue to post updates in our Help Center, or you can try again soon to see if it's been restored.

We thank you for your patience and understanding!

Cheers,

Customer Care Team

@brtreb wrote:

Having the same problem. I can’t get it to even load on my TV/ROKU. It just sits and spins. I also can’t get the app to run my iPad, and can’t login. I can log into the website, but when I try to pay anything, I get the error message “this content not available on this device.” I hope they fix soon…

0 Kudos
SuzHSLC

Jump to solution

Having the same problem in SLC, Utah. My friend says it’s working fine for her. 

0 Kudos
mariealm1

Re: Just got this email from britbox

Jump to solution

Me too!! I guess I'll give up for tonight and try again tomorrow. So much for my relaxing, fun night with a favorite set of shows!!

Vixpix

Jump to solution

Please get this rectified quickly.  I’m paying for a service that I expect to have nightly.  I hope this isn’t because your not paying on your end for the Brit Box contract agreement!!

0 Kudos
HenryW

Jump to solution

We are experiencing the same issue! 

0 Kudos
jpjackso
Reel Rookie

Re: BritBox suddenly says 'Not available in my country', but I'm based in the US

Jump to solution

I've got a Roku device that is throw up this this error message and "Something Went Wrong".  If I watch BritBox on the same LAN connection via web browser or AppleTV there is no issue.  What's going on?

I am using:

BritBox v 3.0 build 658

Ruku software version 11.5.0 build 4312-48

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jpjackso
Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on BritBox or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel BritBox and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos