Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gsquires92

Bought peacock through Roku can’t watch peacock on website

Jump to solution

My peacock subscription is through Roku. But when I go to peacock online (on my computer) it says they can’t find my account? Anyone else having issues?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bought peacock through Roku can’t watch peacock on website

Jump to solution

Premium subscriptions purchased through 3rd party systems like Roku, Amazon, Hulu, etc, are typically only viewable via the service through which you subscribed. In Roku's case, many premiums purchased through Roku are viewed via The Roku Channel (edited to add) ONLY WHEN USING A ROKU DEVICE OR TV.

If you want to view on all platforms supported by that channel you typically must subscribe directly with the channel via its web page then use its dedicated app for each platform, authenticating via your channel account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
makaiguy

Jump to solution

Premium subscriptions purchased through 3rd party systems like Roku, Amazon, Hulu, etc, are typically only viewable via the service through which you subscribed. In Roku's case, many premiums purchased through Roku are viewed via The Roku Channel (edited to add) ONLY WHEN USING A ROKU DEVICE OR TV.

If you want to view on all platforms supported by that channel you typically must subscribe directly with the channel via its web page then use its dedicated app for each platform, authenticating via your channel account.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
JeffZX
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Say. You do as instructed.....then how to log into Roku? Further, no password given or needed if subscribe via iPAD.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@JeffZX

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify your inquiry? Are you asking what would be the steps if you purchased a subscription through The Roku Channel or through the channel provider directly?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CMxyz

Jump to solution

I purchased Peacock through Roku, and now would like to stream it on a laptop, either with or without going through Roku first. How can I do this?

Would I have to unsubscribe through Roku, then subscribe to Peacock directly, then add the channel on Roku and authenticate with Peacock account details?  Or can Peacock recognize my account that at the present is done through Roku? 

Tags (3)
Natan-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @CMxyz, thanks for reaching out. We see you have a subscription to Peacock TV through Roku and are trying to watch online. When you make a subscription through Roku, you will be able to view it on any Roku device. This also means that it will only be available to view through a Roku device and not online.
Please let us know if you have any other questions; we're here to help!

Smonoverix

Jump to solution

This doesn't answer the question.  I have a subscribed to Peacock through Roku.  I'm able to find it and watch it on my TV but can't find or watch it on my computer.  It doesn't show up in the list of subscription channels here:

https://therokuchannel.roku.com/browse/w.e3BRbA1GM4txBkyaWr7vSl3p1dwxmJCLvLpj5PBKH0NL9MYb81CmaqQxdeg... 

If I search "Peacock" it finds a movie by that name but not the channel.  Please help.

0 Kudos
Smonoverix

Jump to solution

To provide more information, if I go to Roku home on my tv and search for a movie playing on Peacock it finds it (e.g. "Bad Boys II").  If I do that same search on my computer when logged into my Roku account and on theRokuChannel.roku.com site, it doesn't find it.   The replies above indicate that this should not be the case but it  is.  What can be done? 

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@makaiguy's reply above covers this.  If you want to watch a service across multiple platforms (which includes your computer) then you should sign up directly with the content provider instead of using a platform-specific payment method such as Roku.

Banned but back. Because why not?
renojim

Jump to solution

therokuchannel website doesn't provide access to any premium content.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.