Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scottuf
Reel Rookie

PC Monitor Requires HDPC - Issues

Hi.

I currently have connected a roku express 3930X to a PC monitor and it runs until I try to play any sort of video. I can go on video streaming apps and look through them and as soon as I try to play them I get an error message saying about HDPC. I got myself a HDCP 2.2 cable and still have the same issue. The box works on a TV but not a monitor. Any reason as to why? There is no PC plugged into it or anything it is just a spare monitor in my office.

Would really like to get this working on a monitor if possible

Many thanks

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: PC Monitor Requires HDPC - Issues

Have you looked at the documentation for the monitor (or googled it up) to see whether it claims to implement HDCP and at what level?

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Scottuf
Reel Rookie

Re: PC Monitor Requires HDPC - Issues

Thanks. Looking into it I can see it is something to do with the monitor. I have seen there is a potential work around by feeding the Roku to a HDMI box and then to the monitor. I will fish mine out later and see if this works

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.