Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bryan-in-bl
Reel Rookie

Bentkey hanging when opening app

Jump to solution

New kids channel Bentkey launched on Oct 16.   I was able to download and login just fine.   Today I tried to open the app and after the splash screen the screen redraws as pale purple and hangs.   

I was able to uninstall and reinstall and login directly.    Once you leave the app and return to it the app hangs again.  

Please advise.   #bentkey

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IAmMe01
Reel Rookie

Re: Bentkey hanging when opening app

Jump to solution

Same thing happened to me and I was able to fix it. Go to the Bentkey website and login with DW credentials.  It will say you already have access then make you create a Bentkey password. Once I created a Bentkey password, the app started working. 

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
philliphbarrett
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The exact same thing is happening for me on my roku with Bentkey. I checked and my roku is up to date. 

Smartypants
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same thing here. Continues even after updating Roku.

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community Users,

We appreciate you making us aware of the issue.

To properly reboot the channel, kindly follow the correct sequence: Remove channel > Restart device > Add channel. Also, may we know if this issue is only persistent in the Bentkey streaming app? or is it also happening on other channels? A reboot on the router might also help if it's the latter.

Please keep us in the loop.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bjonespga

Jump to solution

Happening to me too. Only on the Roku though. Seems to work fine on my iPhone.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Bjonespga,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if makes any improvement to the channel's performance. Kindly follow the steps below.

1. Remove the affected channel by highlighting it from the channel tile, and pressing the star (*) button. Then select the remove option.
  2. Do a system restart by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart.
  3. Add the channel back by searching for it from the "Streaming Store."

Please let us know how it works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Darthroy

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuTakashi 

I tried removing Bentkey app and doing the System Restart.  After reinstalling Bentkey and entering my login credentials for the App, the problem occurs again.   I did notice that the issue did not happen if I did not enter my login credentials (though this isn't beneficial as we can't watch any content unless we are logged in).

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Darthroy,

Greetings from the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with the Bentkey app. We are happy to assist you. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

If the problem still persists, we suggest contacting the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I followed the steps listed above and the issue is still happening. Once you load the app and log in it is fine but if you are logged in and navigate away from the app and then try to get back in the app it hangs up.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Sultanmcdoom,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

You're doing a great job troubleshooting the issue. No worries! We're happy to assist you further. Can you please provide us with a photo or video of your running issue?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos