Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AgentNan
Reel Rookie

Banner and side ads covering movies through Paid subscription to Netflix and Disney Plus

Jump to solution

I use a Roku stick on an older LG tv.

I have paid subscriptions to both Netflix and Disney Plus. Tonight ads showed up for the first time ever on both platforms - a side bar and a banner at the top. These 2 large ads basically cover a third of the movies as they are streaming. They pop on and off about every 5 minutes or so. It's awful - we missed action parts and it's very distracting.

I have gone into the Roku "secret" settings and changed them to disabled, but they still appear.

Since I am paying for these streaming services, why is Roku putting ads across them?

How can I disable them from showing up when the movie is streaming?

I will have to switch from Roku if I cannot find a solution. Please help!

20230830_095400.jpg

20230830_095357.png

20230830_095259.jpg

20230830_101516.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Banner and side ads covering movies through Paid subscription to Netflix and Disney Plus

Jump to solution

@AgentNan 

Clear Voice and Picture Wizard are LG features.  I think you inadvertently enabled "Demo" or "Store" Mode on your TV.

See if you can find "Home" Mode in your TV Settings.

Here is link to LG that shows different locations of this setting depending on the TV OS.

https://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/product-help/CT20098005-1328030090165

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Banner and side ads covering movies through Paid subscription to Netflix and Disney Plus

Jump to solution

Could you upload some pictures?

Banned but back. Because why not?
makaiguy

Jump to solution

I've had 6 different Rokus over the last 10 years or so, and I have never seen anything like you are describing.  I agree, a screen shot would be very helpful. 

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
AgentNan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Photos uploaded - thanks for looking at this for me!

0 Kudos
AgentNan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Photos uploaded - thanks @Strega2  and @makaiguy for looking at this for me

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It appears that your TV is in store/demo mode.

Ie: Protective Skin Glass, Picture Wizard…  Just searching for TruSilm Frame takes me to an LG TV (with 600Hz - which is also in your banner) web page.

https://www.lg.com/ca_en/tvs/lg-50PT350-plasma-tv

Banned but back. Because why not?
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@AgentNan 

Clear Voice and Picture Wizard are LG features.  I think you inadvertently enabled "Demo" or "Store" Mode on your TV.

See if you can find "Home" Mode in your TV Settings.

Here is link to LG that shows different locations of this setting depending on the TV OS.

https://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/product-help/CT20098005-1328030090165

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

AgentNan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you @AvsGunnar for the weblink...and thanks @Strega2 for your input - I was about to look it up when I saw the link that was provided. It was absolutely the issue that my dog changed the setting (yep! He likes to sit on the remote to turn the tv on when I am out).