Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve704
Streaming Star

Re: BBC iplayer fault code 02056

Hi Dougie 1, disappointing, but at least you are sorted. Happy Iplayer,  happy streaming.....

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's error codes and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Steve704
Streaming Star

Hi Danny, many thanks for the clarification. For my benefit I presume in this instance the channel provider is the BBC? Who actually writes the relevant code, Roku or the channel provider or both?

0 Kudos
Greendave
Reel Rookie

Just picked up this thread. Don't know if it's been mentioned but BBC Sounds app has exact same problem. Fwiw I'm in dialogue with BBC support but no further forward with the issue with my 3810EU stick.

0 Kudos
ianc2020
Streaming Star

Hi - yes I did also try loading the BBC sounds app on my 3810EU, it also shows the same fault code and won't play content - in the same way as the iplayer fails.

Please do post if you get anywhere with the BBC or ROKU.

0 Kudos
ianc2020
Streaming Star

Hi RokuDanny

Please can you confirm the information we are getting from the BBC; that ROKU are working on a fix - any idea when this will be released?

Thanks

0 Kudos
HectorG12
Binge Watcher

Encouraged by a couple of reports here that doing a factory reset of the Roku stick might now be effective, I did that, had to activate the device, all apps automatically loaded (a big relief) checked for Roku updates, checked for i-Player updates then full of optimism tried it - but STILL getting 02056 error!

My new Firestick works perfectly and this Roku stick is not really required now but it would have been good to have it working correctly. I won't be trying again until there's a definite fix that works.

0 Kudos
HectorG12
Binge Watcher

This is the reply, presumably sent to most folk, that I eventually received from BBC on 17/09/22:

Dear  Audience Member
Thanks for getting in contact with BBC iPlayer Support to report that you have been experiencing some trouble with iPlayer on your Roku device.
We really appreciate you bringing this our attention.
Roku have now released an update that should fix this issue for you and allow you to access iPlayer as expected.
Thanks again for getting in touch.

Kind Regards
BBC iPlayer & BBC Sounds Support Team 

I've now sent a further message to BBC:

I previously contacted you with full details and received a reply that Roku have sent out an update. THEY HAVE NOT - at least software is the same.

Encouraged by a report on the Roku forum on this matter (which now runs to 13 pages) that doing a factory reset of the Roku stick might now be effective (though others had no success) I did that, re-activated the device, all apps automatically loaded, checked for Roku updates, checked for i-Player updates then full of optimism tried it - but STILL getting 02056 error!

It may be of interest that I have 2 identical Roku sticks with the same software and same versions of i-Player, with one working perfectly and one with the 02056 error. Certainly suggests to me a Roku problem with some batches/serial numbers of Roku Streaming stick+ devices.

0 Kudos
Steamboats52
Channel Surfer

My first Firestick arrived today to replace one of my Roku Streaming Sticks. I had it working with iPlayer in minutes. Unless Roku can fix their bug soon I'll be replacing my other Streaming Stick as well.

A shame, because I really liked what Roku can provide. But weeks of inability to sort out their bug is simply not acceptable.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@Steamboats52  you could’ve checked the software versions of your Roku devices.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos