Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
io1901
Binge Watcher

Re: 2022 June NEW BBC iPlayer loading problem

Jump to solution

Is that because the Ultra LT was never sold in the UK by Roku and they are bought as "grey" imports from the USA. I think rokus  have the region coded into the firmware. As the BBC don't want US users to access the UK specific iPlayer they won't let the app work on US rokus.

0 Kudos
Gordon1950
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

BBC iplayer and BBC sounds have stopped working on my 3920 Roku Premier with the error code 02056 message. This occurred sometime between 16th June and 4th July. All remedial actions shown on this forum have been taken, in precisely the order listed, all without success. Two different iplayer accounts, both of which work on  other devices have been tried without success.

if it is if any interest my device is running software version 11.0.0 build 4193-91.

Gordon

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Gordon1950 You might confirm with the BBC that the 3920 is a supported Roku player. Some users have reported that devices that once worked were considered unsupported, and BBC basically "broke" them. I don't know where they maintain their supported device list, but there might be a web page somewhere.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Gordon1950
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestion. I have checked with the supported device list on the BBC iplayer website and my device is definitely classed as being supported. In view of this I have raised this issue with the BBC, but not holding my breath for a reply!

Gordon1950
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have received the following from the BBC on 16th July:

‘Dear  Audience Member

Thanks for getting in contact with BBC iPlayer Support to report that you have been experiencing some trouble with iPlayer on your Roku device.

We really appreciate you bringing this our attention.

Roku have now released an update that should fix this issue for you and allow you to access iPlayer as expected.

Thanks again for getting in touch.  

Kind Regards’

i have checked for updates and restarted the system, but so far no new software  from Roku. Anyone got an idea how long they usually take to issue an update?
0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

New and updated channels are reviewed before being published in the Channel Store. What that involves, I have no idea. I don't think I've ever seen a Roku update of any kind over a weekend, so today might be the first potential day for an updated channel release. 

And I don't believe the BBC worded that information quite accurately. Roku doesn't release updates for channels they did not build, which is virtually all of them. The channel provider submits a new version, Roku reviews it and then publishes the updated channel. Perhaps that's simply the differences between the British and American English ways of talking, as there certainly are differences. 😄

Dan

0 Kudos
jadiel

Re: Roku express 4k model 3940EU

Jump to solution

hello everyone....

I have been battling to get BBC i Player on my Android Mi box. I cant believe how straightforward it was following this video. Thank you. https://snaptube.cam/ or https://vidmate.bid/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43k4JREUUOI

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@jadiel this isn't a discussion board for Android based devices. Take your discussion elsewhere. 

Dan

Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Roku does not even own the Android brand.  Google does.  Therefore, you may need to take your discussion at Google Support.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

The Roku OS is based on Linux, not Android. Of course, Android is based on Linux as well, but they are still two completely different operating systems, and there's no correlation between the two when it comes to programming for them. 

Dan

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.