Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McGeddon
Channel Surfer

Re: 2022 June NEW BBC iPlayer loading problem

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

Thanks, it's fixed now.

I tried just after 06:00, no go. I saw your message after that and updated. Problem solved.

Thanks again

R McGeddon

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Apps are not loading on roku device

Jump to solution

Reports in other threads indicate that BBC has fixed this in their latest release.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Daveren13
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This is now resolved for me and iPlayer is working again.

Interesting/concerning that my Roku Express 4k player (3940EU) is not listed on the BBC iPlayer compatibility page however!

0 Kudos
rosmo01
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Still not resolved for me and my 4662X (Ultra LT). I'm aware it's not on BBC's certified list, but others here have Rokus not on the list with iplayer now working.

Also, the iplayer is not updating past build 105000075. 

0 Kudos
bouncybrian
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My personal and technical view on this would be to either uninstall the channel, reboot the device, and then add it back in.  If that doesn't work, try factory resetting the device, adding the channel back in and seeing if that gets you on the up-to-date version, and if that doesn't solve it raise a ticket with BBC iPlayer support on the link I previously posted, but accept that they may no longer support your device anymore, and maybe upgrade your device?

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@rosmo01 wrote:

Still not resolved for me and my 4662X (Ultra LT). I'm aware it's not on BBC's certified list, but others here have Rokus not on the list with iplayer now working.

Also, the iplayer is not updating past build 105000075. 

If your device isn't on the certified list, odds are BBC will never fix it on your player. Yours isn't updating because it's not a permitted device. I have no idea why BBC restricts the models they will support. I could understand if it were an older model, but your 4662 isn't all that old. But in the end, only the BBC can resolve your issue. Roku has no control over what devices are permitted to install a channel. Only the channel provider can alter that. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
rosmo01
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@atc98092 I  find the certified list rather random, as I also have a new 3940x (introduced May 2021, so newer than my 4662x), which also is not on the certified list. For consumers this is getting unacceptably complex, as this kind of sets the bar very high for us to chose the correct device if each individual has to check each streaming service's compatibility list. Likely you will find that they differ. This is getting ominously similar to the jungle of mobile phone charging cables, each only compatible with a very select few models, and now forced by the EU to be USB-C.

0 Kudos
bouncybrian
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I would completely disagree, the usb-c Vs lightning debate is all about trying to be greener by throwing less chargers away that would work perfectly well on your replacement phone.  This is is an issue of certification, and either a failure by the BBC to perform that in a timely manner across all new(ish) devices, or their failure to update their list if they have certified it. Ultimately the issue lies with the vendor of the app, in the case the BBC, not Roku.  If you have issue with that list, use the link I posted and raise an issue with them.

atc98092

Jump to solution

@rosmo01 I completely agree, but BBC is the one making those decisions. They are the only ones that can make any changes. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Tode
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Express 4k is now working with iPlayer.  But this required removal and re-installation of app, with of course a new sign-in.

Before l did that, trying the app gave a blank screen with no message, and the back arrow didn't get out of it. So I'm not impressed by the way my device handles a problem with an app.  And now I'm concerned that the BBC doesn't support it, so iPlayer could stop working at any time. 

0 Kudos