Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Roku express 4k model 3940EU

Jump to solution

@atc98092  Some FireOS revisions are based on Android revisions, but technically FireOS is also based on the Linux system.  Both FireOS and Android are also completely different systems.  I do apologize if you got confused.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku express 4k model 3940EU

Jump to solution

"Fire OS is a mobile operating system based on the Android Open Source Project, it is developed by Amazon for their devices. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_OS

While Android itself is based on pieces of Linux, it's distinct enough that it really isn't considered Linux any longer. It uses the basic Linux kernel, as does the RokuOS. But both are changed sufficiently that they are both no longer really considered an adaptation of Linux. They are both distinct operating systems. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Gcooksey

Re: 2022 June NEW BBC iPlayer loading problem

Jump to solution

Hi.

My Roku bar won't allow bbc iplayer content to load even after multiple updates, restarts, updates, restarts and even more restarts. 

I can load the channel, and sign in to BBC, but can't open any content.

The error code states that the issue is with the roku app. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Gcooksey does the BBC list the Roku Soundbar as a supported device? The BBC only supports a limited number of Roku devices, and their channel will not work on an unsupported device. 

If it is supported, then yes there's an issue with the app/channel, and for that you need to contact the BBC. They created the channel and provide the support for it.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Lainey82

Jump to solution

Is anybody else still having problems with this? Despite being told that it was fixed? I haven't been able to watch iPlayer through my Roku since May, despite multiple box resets, update checks etc. It just keeps giving me the same error. I can't speak to Roku, BBC don't wanna know and I'm just not sure where to go jow.

0 Kudos
io1901
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

No not since the original problem. Works fine. 

@Lainey82 What's the model? (The "grey" Ultra imports don't work due to regional firmware differences.)

0 Kudos
Lainey82

Jump to solution

It's a Premiere. I have 2 one is 3920X and the other says 3900X. Interestingly, I have just gone through the same resets and update attempts on my 3900x and now that works fine. Guess my 3920x is going to sit in a cupboard just "in case" thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Rokon21

Re: Roku streambar, iPlayer not available on your device

Jump to solution

iPlayer is still working on my Roku Express, albeit sometimes freezing and having to exit and reopen, and with annoying little bursts of static, all since June. However it appears to have prompted five simultaneous iPlayer password reset requests last night at the exact moment I switched it off according to email alerts. Has anyone else experienced this? Needless to say I ignored them and iPlayer is still opening fine. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Vulcan195
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I had the 02056 error on my Roku 3920X for several days and then one fine day it magically resolved itself. Roku Firmware 4193-91.

Yesterday. I decided to replace it with the 3941X since it supports 802.11ac band. The Roku firmware is 4193-CR. And Now the iPlayer App gives me the same 02056 error! Like before any and all iPlayer app content gives this error! Grrr! Tried all the tricks listed on this thread. No luck  

Ch 4 and Ch 5 apps work flawlessly.

So, frustrating! 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Vulcan195

Thanks for the post.

If you are experiencing the same error code across multiple Roku device, it would indicate that it's the channel that is most likely the issue rather than the device itself.

For more information about that channel's error codes and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.