Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
io1901
Binge Watcher

Re: BBC iPlayer stopped working with Sorry, this application is not currently available on your dev

Jump to solution

@DBDukes wrote:

@Mavison wrote:

... I think iPlayer was updated yesterday?...

That could be the clue.

Roku app developers, not Roku, determine where their apps work, and on which devices their apps work.

If the update omitted the 3940 (intentionally or in error) If it was an error, the developer (BBC) would need to correct that.

How does that get fixed then? Roku can't wash it's hands something they advertise it does. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: BBC iPlayer stopped working with Sorry, this application is not currently available on your dev

Jump to solution

@io1901 wrote:

If that's the case, poor show by Roku.

Why? Roku does not make the determination of where an app is allowed, nor on which devices an app is allowed. The developer does that. If BBC made that call (even if in error) it was still BBC that made the call. Roku does not make that decision regarding any app, region, or device. It's totally up to the developer (BBC, in this case).

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Robbo6

Jump to solution

Same issue - brand new Roku express 4k - all other App's work but not BBC iPlayer. Get the same error message as mentioned, tried deleting app, reinstalling, factory resetting device and tried using device on Multiple TVs.

Software issue problem between device and BBC - I guess we will need to wait for a software fix?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@io1901 wrote:

How does that get fixed then? Roku can't wash it's hands something they advertise it does. 

Notify BBC. They have full control over the situation. If BBC screwed up, BBC needs to fix it.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Robbo6 wrote:

... Software issue problem between device and BBC - I guess we will need to wait for a software fix?

Yes, that seems to be what is required. Perhaps if you reached out to BBC and let them know.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
io1901
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I've left a message for the BBC on their iPlayer problem pages I suggest everyone that has a problem does the same 

io1901
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@DBDukes wrote:

@io1901 wrote:

If that's the case, poor show by Roku.

Why? Roku does not make the determination of where an app is allowed, nor on which devices an app is allowed. The developer does that. If BBC made that call (even if in error) it was still BBC that made the call. Roku does not make that decision regarding any app, region, or device. It's totally up to the developer (BBC, in this case).

Because they put it on the box and advertises that it plays BBC iPlayer. That makes it their problem. They should be the ones chasing the BBC not the users. Basic UK consumer law.

0 Kudos
Mavison
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Both iPlayer and Sounds channels show dates of 6th June in the Roku channel store. I left feedback in there for non-loading. I will also look for BBC problem page & report there.

Have not found how to report to BBC, but have found my 3820EU is on their supported list!

0 Kudos
atc98092

Re: Roku express 4k model 3940EU

Jump to solution

Yes, reboot/restart is what I meant. Just had to ask, because people are sometimes unaware of the requirement to do it when removing a channel. Sounds like BBC has a problem with their channel then, and only they can resolve it.

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
io1901
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The BBC iPlayer is dated the 6th June, Sounds is still dated 13 Oct 2021.

0 Kudos