Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fliers12

BBC Select showing incorrect show episode for Bettany Hughes "From Paris to Rome"

Jump to solution

I have BBC Select, and am trying to watch "From Paris to Rome with Bettany Hughes" S1:E4 Amalfi Coast, Capri, Rome.

When I play this episode, the captions have the correct episode, but the video and audio is just Episode 2 again. I was troubleshooting for almost two hours, three different reps.

I restarted, disconnected, reconnected to internet, etc. I was told to cancel the subscription and then - and see if that worked (don't know how that would do anything, as that has nothing to do with the actual show being wrong). Regardless, I could not do that, as I am on a free trial.

Unfortunately, no amount of me restarting my device can fix the fact that the show really just has a repeat of Episode 2 in place of Episode 4. After all this, I saw that one version of the show saved in the favorites now showed only 3 episodes--as if the series only has three and not four. Clicking on a different saved show (I am not sure how the same show can be in my saved list three times, but one of them has four episodes, with an incorrect episode 4, and the other two have only three episodes. I am just tired of this and confused now.)

I was told my last option was to completely reset the Roku and see if that worked, or Google for a number to contact BBC. Does anyone have any ideas? It shouldn't be this hard to just let someone know so it can be fixed. If it can even be fixed. Help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: BBC Select showing incorrect show episode for Bettany Hughes "From Paris to Rome"

Jump to solution

Hi @Fliers12,

Welcome and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention regarding the BBC Select app showing incorrect shows. Rest assured that this concern will be forwarded to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We will do our best to fix this issue. Once more information is available, we'll make sure to update the Community.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are very much appreciated. 

If there's anything else we can be of assistance with, please don't hesitate to contact us again and we'd be more than happy to continue giving help.

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: BBC Select showing incorrect show episode for Bettany Hughes "From Paris to Rome"

Jump to solution

Hi @Fliers12,

Welcome and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention regarding the BBC Select app showing incorrect shows. Rest assured that this concern will be forwarded to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We will do our best to fix this issue. Once more information is available, we'll make sure to update the Community.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are very much appreciated. 

If there's anything else we can be of assistance with, please don't hesitate to contact us again and we'd be more than happy to continue giving help.

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.