Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PurpleC
Reel Rookie

Roku Channel will not play anything

Within the past two days, the Roku Channel will not play anything.  Model 4660X Roku Ultra.  Deleted channel, rebooted and readded the channel. Still not work. I did the 5x home and 5x back, and have this issue ID: 50-216-026.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Channel will not play anything

Hi @PurpleC,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you are seeing with your Roku device when playing content on The Roku Channel and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. 

In addition to the information you have provided, can you please help us with the below information to proceed to investigate further:

• Roku device serial number, and device ID (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • where are you currently located
  • who is your ISP (internet service provider)
  • are you using a VPN
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PurpleC
Reel Rookie

1. Device Serial # YJ009A593950
  2. Device ID:  CK37D9593950
  3. ISP: Starlink (for over a year with zero problems)
  4. No VPN
  5. Only channel it happens on is ROKU Channel: Version 8.0 build 72
  6. It happens when: I select ANY program or movie on the ROKU channel, Press OK on remote to Play it, the screen refreshes and comes right back to the same place.

0 Kudos

Mine is doing exactly the same thing. Did you figure it out

0 Kudos
jd32
Reel Rookie

mine does the same thing. Can anyone help? I have a  tcl roku tv

device id SOJNH27HXNFD

0 Kudos
PurpleC
Reel Rookie

We have gotten zero response.

0 Kudos
PurpleC
Reel Rookie

No, we have gotten zero response.

0 Kudos
LDW79

Mine doing same thing, worked fine two days ago, Now nothing.  

0 Kudos
Glennf2
Channel Surfer

I have Roku Express streaming devices on 5 TVs and nothing associated with the Roku Channel plays.  This includes live TV and streaming on demand.  We subscribe to Up Faith & Family and Hallmark Movies Now and they don't play back either.  This started this time about 4 days ago (happened in April).  When streaming on demand, the title screen displays, when play is selected loading is indicated but it returns to the title screen.

If I attempt to stream through the Roku app on my phone, I get an error message.

I don't have any issue with other streaming services (DirecTV, FriendlyTV, Tubi, etc.  I have fiber broadband at 100mbps.  Roku only seems to function when I'm not connected to WiFi and only using LTE.  This includes the mobile app and connecting the Express through my phone as a hotspot.

This issue needs to be resolved by Roku.  While free to consumers, Roku is receiving advertising dollars.

Update: I've seen it suggested that users should try removing the app and reinstalling it.  The Roku Express doesn't give the option of removing the Roku Channel.  In addition, having the same issue with five devices points to Roku's streaming servers as the source of the problem.

Why isn't there a way to communicate with Roku tech support?

0 Kudos