Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jk2022
Binge Watcher

B-Zone Channel not Streaming (Content appears for a second then disappears)

Greetings Awesome Roku Support and Community:

Issue:

The cool B-Zone channel does not stream normally, after clicking on channel and then clicking on the default icon to start the actual stream, content will stream for a second and then the channel will close.

Trouble shooting:

I have over the past two days (issue started on Saturday) shut down my router and restarted both it and the Roku device. I have also removed the channel and reinstalled it, but no luck I also checked for both a Roku update and a channel update but none were available.

Issue ID/Serial number/Software version and build:

Issue ID: 31-284-894

Model number 3920X

Serial# YHOODP235731  

Software 12.0.0

Build 4184-91

B-Zone software version 1.2 Build 8

Additional information:

Internet speed is good (43 MBPS) and all the other channels are streaming just fine, only B-Zone has the issue.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

9 REPLIES 9
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: B-Zone Channel not Streaming (Content appears for a second then disappears)

I just added it and I see the same thing.  There's no information from the Channel Store webpage that would aid in contacting the developer (which I'm guessing is a one-man operation).  I do notice that it's a "Direct publisher" channel all of which will be eliminated in the not too distant future.  If the developer doesn't put in a little effort it will disappear.

It seems odd to me that it crashes the way it does since "Direct publisher" channels use code developed solely by Roku themselves.  The only thing I can think of is a bad video causing the crash, but if it's been going on for days that doesn't seem likely.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
jk2022
Binge Watcher

Thanks RenoJim for letting me know about this direct publisher issue, I wonder if there is anything Roku can currently do on its end.

Have a great afternoon!

0 Kudos
33sarge
Streaming Star

I'm seeing the same issue and it's now been a couple of weeks since this started. I just find it hard to believe that the owner of this channel doesn't monitor his own channel to catch these issues. Also B-Zone's 2nd channel hasn't worked in months. All I get is the rotation circle that goes up to 13 percent and then stays there.

Fright Flix, is having the same issue as well. Screen opens for a brief minute and then bombs out of the app.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Check out this thread

https://community.roku.com/t5/Solving-playback-issues/My-Roku-channel-is-not-working-properly/m-p/88...

@Spacehog  is apparently B-Zone's developer.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
33sarge
Streaming Star

B-Zone is still out as is FrightFlix.

Is anyone here on Facebook because if anyone is and watches B-Zone, is there anything being posted on their Facebook page about this issue? Since they went private, I no longer have access to what is going on as I refuse to join facebook.

Also, did anyone notice or have an issue with the 2nd channel that comes up when you open B-Zone app (the one on the right) working prior to this 1 second open/closing issue? My system has opened the 2nd channel in months, click on it, get the rotating circle that goes up to 13% and then hangs there. IF they don't want to support this, then REMOVE the channel option.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @33sarge,

Thanks for posting in the Roku community!

We will be more than happy to assist you with your concern. Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is it isolated to one content or channel? (Specify) If not, please try these steps:

• Remove the channel. Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Press home on your Roku remote, select settings, select system, and system restart.
  • Re-install the channel: Scroll down to search, put the name of the channel or app, highlight the channel, and select add the channel.

If the issue still persists, please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

@33sarge, I doubt you'd find more direct information on Facebook than you can get from @Spacehog's posts in the Roku developer forum.  Right now it looks like he doesn't know when he'll have a channel working.  His last post mentions hiring a developer.

Banned but back. Because why not?
33sarge
Streaming Star

Thank you Strega2. You have provided more information than anyone else. Good to know that the owner of the B-Zone TV is aware of his channel's issue and is working on it.

Just wonder when and IF he will get it resolved.

0 Kudos
Spacehog
Streaming Star

We're still running online during the Roku crisis, here's the link!

https://bzoneonroku.blogspot.com/2021/08/watch-b-zone-live.html

0 Kudos