Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto play & missing endings

I have Roku TVs and am finding when it comes to the Roku Channels, the next episode automatically starts (which is fine, but it completely skips the end of the current episode and I miss the last 30 seconds or so). This is really frustrating when it’s a documentary (let’s say from the History Vault Roku channel) and I miss the wrap up information.

No, I am not looking for how to stop video play when searching episodes. I am looking to stop when ALREADY playing an episode.

Sooooo close to cancelling the Roku and subscribing on Prime to fix this. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Auto play & missing endings

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Estefonowicz!

Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to help you disable the auto-play feature on The Roku Channel so you can enjoy the last 30 seconds during playback.

You may disable this by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > Accessibility > Auto-play video to "Off"If autoplay is disabled on a device, channels may not begin video playback until the user navigates to a video or explicitly starts playback.

For reference, you may check our support article dedicated to this: How to change the auto-play video setting on your Roku streaming device

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.