Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Audio sync issues with Hulu and Roku Streambar

Hi @NativeAZ,

Thanks for keeping the Roku Community posted!

We are grateful that you have contacted us, and it does appear that this problem is affecting a significant number of customers. The troubleshooting options for it have been exhausted at this point.

We'd like to look into this matter more thoroughly, and we'll need your assistance to do so. We would appreciate it if you could provide the following information to us:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • errors that you are experiencing on screen.
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing if possible?

We'll be looking forward to it. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nbever
Reel Rookie

Hello @RokuERey 

Obviously I'm not @NativeAZ - but we're experiencing the exact same issue.  I'll briefly mention the steps here but if you look at me post above you'll see them more explicitly.  And let me be very clear - the work arounds mentioned above and referenced by @RokuTakashi make it possible to watch a show but it's irritating enough that we find ourselves avoiding Hulu now.  Certainly a fix from either Roku or Hulu is in order.

-Start streaming a show
-Watch first commercial break
-Video will start with no audio
-Wait 15 seconds or so and audio will start but out of sync

This pattern happens after the first commercial break and the last commercial break consistently

Here's my technical info that you requested (gathered from Homex5, Backx5... no error screen):
Model: 9102R - Roku Streambar
Serial Number: YL002C992558
Device: 2A11A2992558
Software Version: 12.0.0 build 4184-95
GC Version: 9.5.513
Timestamp: 2023-08-29T17:29:182
Issue ID: 58-342-329

Only with the Hulu app so it's entirely possible this is their issue - but between your two companies I'm sure you can find the cause easy enough.

Thank you,
-Nate

0 Kudos
Steve9930
Reel Rookie

Yep, exactly what happens. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @nbever,

Thanks for providing the additional information.

We have informed a member of the appropriate Roku team who has already attended to this issue. Our team is closely working on this issue, and we are in the process of investigating it at this time. 

Once again, we thank you for your patience as we are working to solve this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
luvstohike
Binge Watcher

You have been saying that same thing for over 6 months. 

0 Kudos

Happens all the time.

Here is my info while the issue is occurring:

Model: 90101R2

SW Version: 12.0.0 build 4184-95

GC version 10.0.525

Time: 2023-09-02T14:49:47Z

Id: 12-352-249

0 Kudos
Steve9930
Reel Rookie

It's just on the streaming Bar. It does not happen on my older versions of Roku. It needs to be fixed. HULU on the Roku Streaming Bar is useless. 

0 Kudos
nbever
Reel Rookie

Because this is a compatibility issue between platform (Roku) and app (Hulu) I'd like to recommend to everyone here to also contact Hulu support and ask them to log and issue, and request a software enhancement to officially support the Roku Streambar.  (Log on to your Hulu account and go to "Help > Contact Us" and do it by phone or chat)

They won't be able to do anything in the moment, but if they're doing their job correctly the number of cases will grow.

All software companies have Product managers, and part of that job is to figure out what high value features to build/fix next - looking at product requests or feedback from users/support is a key avenue through which this is done.  If we can make this issue visible by number of reported cases, it's possible we could get Hulu to push the issue as well.  

Not a guarantee, but every little bit helps.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BeachbumInBama,

Thanks for the post and for sharing with us the necessary information about this.

We have forwarded this case, and an update has been provided to the concerned team about this.

Once an update is available, we'll make sure to update this thread.

Thanks for your understanding!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Steve9930,

Thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community, and we really do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Our team is aware and is currently investigating this. We also need your help in looking for more information about the root cause of this.

We would appreciate it if you could provide us with the same details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • errors that you are experiencing on screen.
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing, if possible?

We'll be anticipating for it. Thanks!

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.