Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moyersc

Apple-TV Channel Doesn't Open on ROKU 4k Stick

I've been viewing Apple-TV Channel content fine for a couple years now.

About one month ago I noticed, almost everyday when I click on the Channel, the TV screen just goes black and then I click the menu button to get back to the Home screen.

After I restart the ROKU device, the Channel works fine again.  I don't have this issue with any other Channels.

Thank you,

Scott Moyer

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Apple-TV Channel Doesn't Open on ROKU 4k Stick

Hi @moyersc,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We understand that you're having issues with the Apple TV channel. We're here to assist.

Could you try the following steps to resolve the issue?

• Remove the channel >> Restart the device >> Add channel.
  • Restart router
  • Connect your device to a mobile hotspot just to check for differences in the streaming experience.
  • Reach out to the channel provider and inquire further

If the abovementioned steps did not help with the issue, please provide us with the following details so our appropriate team can check it:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to resolve the issue.
  • Channel/App version

Please ensure that the details you share are complete and precise, as our Roku engineers need them to further investigate this issue.

Your response is highly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos