Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
33sarge
Streaming Star

Re: American Horrors Channel, Classic not working

Jump to solution

Just thought I'd update you on the status of American Horrors Classic Channel. Basically, it's still off the air. Have had some communications with the owner and he has responded maybe 25% of the time on my requests for updates. Stated he'd be back, November 2023 and then again, May 2024. Nothing has changed, still off the air and my last attempts to contact him have resulted in "Radio silence". Hey, I understand it's a business but why not keep your customers updated as to what's going on? But, what do I know.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @33sarge,

Thank you for keeping us informed about the issue with the American Horror Channel. If the troubleshooting steps are not effective, we strongly advise you to escalate the matter to the channel's support team. It's important to note that Roku simply hosts the channel on the platform and does not have direct management control over it.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
33sarge
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

American Horrors Channel (Live Stream) is again off the air as of the end of August. It will not load when you select it, only 1 bar (maybe 20 % of the normal load) goes across the screen when it "tries" to load and it just hangs there. Left it go for over an hour with no change.  It's been this way for almost a week now - that I have noticed, could have been longer. Harts, sister station, American Horror's Classic channel has been off line for over a year now. Owner has not replied to several attempts at contact.

I've deleted, rebooted and added the channel back to my system with no change.

Why can't you update your customers on your webpage or facebook page since it's open to all?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @33sarge!

We appreciate you reporting this to us here and the troubleshooting steps you've performed. 

Since this is an isolated case within American Horror's Classic channel only, we highly recommend contacting the channel provider and raising this concern with them, as they are responsible for streaming issues like this.

Please be advised that the majority of content on the Roku platform comes from streaming channels maintained and updated independently by the channel's provider. We only host the channel on the platform and do not have direct management control over it.

We hope you find this information helpful.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
33sarge
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hi RokuCarly,

As I explained in my post, I have tried to contact the channel provider with no reply. Same thing with Flickstream Grindhouse and Flickstream Concerts. I just checked my email and found no reply to either.

Did you or your team contact Flickstream as you said you were going to do? Just wondering if you received a reply.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @33sarge.

Thanks for responding. 

In this case, we'll be coordinating this with the team for review. With this being said, we'll need additional specific information such as follows:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version.
  • All of the troubleshooting steps you've tried.

Looking forward to your response!

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
33sarge
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Issue ID 44-355-086

Model 3921RW - Roku Premiere+ Software version 13.1.4 build 1512-91

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @33sarge.

Thanks for providing us with the necessary details. Rest assured that we have already coordinated with the team to conduct a thorough investigation on your affected device.

I'll let you know once we've received further updates regarding this matter.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
winduptoy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yeah, this sucks. American Horrors CLASSIC has NEVER WORKED on my Roku. It just says it's unavailable because of my possible (slow internet connection). I have DOWNLOAD SPEED OF 100 Megabites per second. So, this is slow??? I wouldn't think so!! What's up???

0 Kudos
33sarge
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

No, your internet speed is fine, the issue is with American Horrors Classic Channel. I was able to contact the owner, Mr. Hart a couple of times over the past year. He told me that he would have the Classic channel back up online late last October or early November. When that didn't happen, I reached out again several times and got one reply that it would be back online on Roku the end of May, 2025. Obviously, that hasn't happened. I have not been able to contact him again since his May projection. I have been told he is having issues with sponsors but what I can't understand, why not update his customers as to what is going on? I understand, its HIS channel and he can do what he wants, but a lot of us have watched his channels for years yet he hasn't given us the courtesy of updates. I have deleted the Classic channel and if and when it ever comes back and I find out about it, then maybe I'll reinstall it. His main channel has been off the air for quite awhile again. On that I was told he had issues and that it would off for a day or two. Last I checked, it had been off for 7-10 days. Been out of town recently, so haven't checked it for awhile. Hopefully it's back online.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.