Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flyguy2020

Re: Amazon video keeps crashing

Jump to solution

This worked for me.

0 Kudos
KingCurtis

Jump to solution

Same issues I have an element ruku tv and it stated about 2 months ago I have done all of the suggestions still crashes I then use my Xbox one and have no issues only on ruku tv 

0 Kudos
Dw6
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Unplug the tv from wall. Wait about 15 seconds and then plug it back in. That should fix Amazon prime from crashing. You may have to repeat in couple weeks depending on how much you watch prime movies.

Justy74
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Tried all those.. I have 2 roku tvs. Roku express 4. And a roku ultra.. All have the same issue.. But notice it crashes more often if you watch for free with ads.. When ad wants to come on its sometimes an instant crash. Never was like that before with the older verisons of prime app.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi everyone, 

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

If the issue persists after removing then reinstalling Prime Video and after trying the workaround solution in this thread, we recommend contacting the channel's customer support team to report the issue and get help. 

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach Amazon Support here: Amazon Customer Service Support

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
JojoTerri
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello again..   I know a few weeks have gone by.  We were able to watch one Thursday night football game to the end, so we assumed the issue was fixed....  Well, we were wrong...  We can't even get through the introductions and advertising before the movie or Football game..  As far as troubleshooting, I have reset my T.V. several times,  and reset my router, and the connection on the T.V. as well..  We are not happy with Amazon Prime's T.V./Movies service...  If it wasn't for our frequent orders for household item's, we would probably end our membership..  Too Bad....    JojoTerri..

TimoS

Jump to solution

Home > Settings > Power > System restart

Probably does the same thing as unplugging/replugging without the hassle. We experienced Prime crashes after installing Hulu. Likely unrelated, but the timing is suspect. Anyway, probably best to restart the TV after installing any new app. So far, Prime is stable and working fine.

0 Kudos
osoviejo

Jump to solution

Clearing the cache worked on my TCL Roku TV.  Thanks a bunch, wasn't looking forward to spending the evening reconfiguring my set.

0 Kudos
TheHLT
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yeah, me too. Seems to have started when Amazon “updated” the interface.

Gonna try the plug/unplug method & see if it works & will come back to update.

if it persists, I’ll call Amazon Customer Service.

0 Kudos
TheHLT
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Update:  unplugging the Roku device, waiting about 15-30 seconds and replugging into power source does fix the crashing issue. So think hard reset.

However, I find it strange that this behavior only happens when using the Prime Video app.

It did not/has not happened with any of the other various apps I have in my menu.