Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dw6
Channel Surfer

Re: Amazon video keeps crashing

Jump to solution

I have a RCA Roku tv and the Amazon prime app kept crashing just after 5 or 10 seconds of starting a movie. So I unplugged the tv and waited about 15 seconds and plugged back in. So far so good. Had not crashed yet. 

Jump to solution

Same thing here! Tried every trick in the books, but nothing seems to work! Sometimes, I manage to watch something. But other times, and! It's pretty frustrating to pay for an app and being the only one constantly crashing! Solutions, anyone???

Dw6
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Did you try unplugging tv and waiting 15 seconds and then plugging back in? This worked for me. I have not had any problems with Amazon prime crashing since doing this. 

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Tv, the amazon prime app keeps crashing. I tried playing a show then before a minute in it kicks me out straight to the home screen.  I have tried updating the channel as well as removing it and then adding it again  but it keeps crashing. I read in other responses that they restarted their device. How do I restart a Roku Tv?

0 Kudos
Portalogem
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@retrogirrll

Just repeat the steps from my post above, which is in this thread. Clearing the cache restarts the Roku. If you would just like to restart your Roku TV, go to Settings/System/System restart/Restart.

A shortcut that people in this thread have done to restart their Roku TVs is to unplug them for a couple of minutes, but it's better to restart or clear the cache instead of having to constantly unplug your TV every time you encounter this issue. If you decide to unplug as people have done in the posts above, then make sure you're on the home screen and it's not on a screensaver before turning off the TV and unplugging it.

Your best bet if you subscribe to Prime is to contact Amazon and let them know your TV model is still having issues, and they may be able to correct this for you.  

Dw6
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have roku tv and Prime was crashing after about minute into a movie. So I turn tv off and then unplug it from wall and wait about 15 seconds then plug back in and turn back on. Seems to clear up problem but may have to repeat this process in a week or so depending on how much you watch prime.

Prgrmerq

Jump to solution

I had the same issues and did the same things to try to resolved it but didn't work on my roku TV. Then I Uninstalled the prime app, unplugged my TV for 5 minutes. Plug TV back on, download the prime app, then the prime app worked fine. Hope this helps! 

Dw6
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You probably could have just unplugged tv which is what I do when prime crashes. I don’t download a new prime and it works ok after unplugging tv.

0 Kudos
JojoTerri
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My wife and I have been struggling with this for about a year..  We don't know how to fix it and we don't know who to call at Amazon..   It is terrible..  we have been prime members for a few years now, and we do not get what we pay for..  Jojo and Terri

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @JojoTerri

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

Could you tell us more about your concern? Does the issue only occur on Amazon Prime Video or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Please provide us as well the troubleshooting you've tried so we know what steps we should take next. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos