Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jader31

Amazon Prime on Roku Ultra

Hi,

I'm from Brazil, and have one Roku Ultra ... most of time is turned off but now I'd like to start to watch Amazon Prime videos on my bedroom so I went to turn it on, update to v14 and search for Amazon Prime: cannot find it on device and on web page it show grayed ( cannot add! ) .

It's that because I'm in Brazil ? Should I use a VPN to "move in USA"  hehehe ???

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Amazon Prime on Roku Ultra

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Jader31!

Thanks for letting us know about this. We'd love to provide further information regarding the Roku streaming device's availability. 

Firstly, please be advised that VPN can cause playback issues or no playback at all. Content providers continue to update their security measures to prevent unauthorized viewing, and it's possible a change was made that prevents your VPN from working.

This is by design and intended, but using your standard ISP without the VPN will be the solution here.

Furthermore, Roku streaming devices vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location. However, channels may not be available on your device in that location, depending on each channel provider's discretion.

We hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.