Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NatRuss
Reel Rookie

Amazon Prime keeps dropping from my Roku

Jump to solution

Similar here. Not sure about our other Roku TVs, but our 65” Roku Insignia keeps stopping at random points during movies and tv shows going blank and then opening the Home Screen. It started only happening a few times and would always be at specific points a few years ago. We figured it was just a bad/old TV and bought a new one. Same thing. In the last few months it occurs at random points during our viewing time, but it occurs constantly. Amazon, Netflix, HULU, Peacock, YouTube, Paramount+, Disney… EVERY APP.  This is quite probably a programming issue, and is only getting worse as the years go by. This TV  is brand new and there should be no reason for it to repeat the issue. We need a solution.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Amazon Prime keeps dropping from my Roku

Jump to solution

Hi @NatRuss,

Thanks for the first post in the Roku Community!

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System restart. (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.)

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How to resolve a channel playback issue

Please let us know how it goes.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @NatRuss,

Thanks for the first post in the Roku Community!

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System restart. (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.)

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How to resolve a channel playback issue

Please let us know how it goes.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NatRuss
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for the quick reply and offer of support. I read this in a previous part of this post. Sadly, I have already tried this twice.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @NatRuss,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue. Please try to restart your modem and router. After restarting your wireless network connection or Wi-fi, you may need to restart your Roku TV by following the steps that @RokuJechealR provided above.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hishark

Jump to solution

I have the same problem as OP. Restarting modem router tv app uninstalling app and reinstalling do not work

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Hishark!

Thanks for reaching out and informing us about the streaming issue you've encountered within the Amazon Prime app on your Roku device. We'd be happy to review this.

Could you please let us know if this is an isolated case within the Amazon Prime app? If so, are there any error messages prompted? Please provide it here. 

Also, were you able to access this app before? If so, did your Roku device recently receive any software update prior to this happening that might have triggered this issue? Please let us know your current software version under Settings > System > About. 

We'll be looking forward to your confirmation.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.