Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KPS
Reel Rookie

Re: AirTV OTA playback broken after latest update

I have the same issue.

I have 3 32" TCL Roku TV's with the Sling app that are on WIFI that work fine and one Roku Ultra  to AirTV 2  HDMI cabled to the primary living room  70" TV that won't play OTA  channels  or the OTA DVR.

Why the 3 TCL Roku TV's still work? Maybe they hadn't received the updates yet? Or different Roku software? I don't know.

I called Sling AirTV's number and the responce was "it's a Roku issue" .and said others are ok.

So! I ordered a FireTV from Amazon. for 15 dollars to try on the primary TV. It will be here Tuesday. 

0 Kudos
Freetime

All my roku sticks have same problem.  However my amazon sticks still function fine.

0 Kudos
dwajda
Channel Surfer

Looks like ROKU-Sling OTA restored @ 0600 EST (11/20/22). Fingers crossed software patch fixed this.

0 Kudos
Jsc57
Reel Rookie

OTA still not working with streambar, works with my other roku devices

0 Kudos
Jsc57
Reel Rookie

Update …. unplugged unit and restarted and it works now

0 Kudos
KPS
Reel Rookie

OTA AirTV 2, Sling blue, through Roku Ultra ok this morning

Thanks! In time for NFL OTA today

0 Kudos
Bill_CT
Reel Rookie

Same thing here.. Soooo happy to hear this is not just me.. It was driving me crazy.. Thank you for posting this.. 

Local channels work fine on my phone, computer and tablet. I have unplugged the airTV several times and nothing changes. 

Come on Roku.. Fix this.. Silly mistake on your part. 

0 Kudos
Joesku

Glad I'm not the only one. Thanks for posting!

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

As noted, this was probably NOT a Roku issue. It was probably an issue with Sling and either a software update or even just configuration of their servers on handling certain devices properly. YouTube has often had issues where certain features disappear on some devices for several hours.

0 Kudos
Bill_CT
Reel Rookie

Looks like they heard us.. Just received this in my email..

Restart your Roku device
Dear Valued Customer,

This weekend you may have experienced an interruption to viewing local channels on Sling using your AirTV device. We apologize for the inconvenience!

To get back to streaming local channels on Sling, please follow these few steps:
Go to Roku settings on the Roku device
Select “System”
Select “System Restart”
Select “Restart”
Once the device reboots, go to your Sling app and start watching
Thank you for your patience.
— The Sling TV Team

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.