Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AirTV OTA playback broken after latest update

It looks like the latest Roku update broke playback of the AirTV OTA playback via the Sling App.

Initially, the issue occurred on one of my Roku devices where after selecting an OTA channel in the Sling App, it would just 'spin' on black screen. Check the firmware update, it was updated overnight. Went to my other Roku device which was working fine. After updating the firmware on that device, the issue appeared.

Anyone have any insight on possible remedy?

24 REPLIES 24
Greeny41
Reel Rookie

Re: AirTV OTA playback broken after latest update

No fix, but I’m having the same problem. Searching everywhere and not finding much. Thanks for posting so they’ll hopefully fix it. This happened a few years ago, too.

andyross
Roku Guru

You probably need to contact Sling TV. They write the actual channel. It's possible they are doing something in a way that is no longer supported.

0 Kudos
Greeny41
Reel Rookie

Yes, thank you. They (Sling) said they’re aware and have their engineers actively working on it. Roku themselves couldn’t help.

0 Kudos
dwajda
Channel Surfer

I did a full update as well (i.e., hard reset airtv2, reset wifi, reinstalled sling on roku, hardwire ethernet cable, reset wifi) & no joy. Local channels were intermittent yesterday, now just spinning wheel of death on roku. Local channels work on laptop & tablet so has to be a roku-sling compatability issue. This is just to get "live" channels not even DVR playback.

Appears to be across all Roku devices, none of my Roku (several models) will play the local OTA channels. Laptop has no issue, thankfully so I can watch the games. DVR appears to record with no issues, so thankfully it is not an AirTV issue. 

n2hyo

I guess i won't call them then, OTA working to app and crappltv though, just not roku.

0 Kudos
Greeny41
Reel Rookie

Yeah, you shouldn’t need to. Use other options for now. Since they’re aware and working on it, I think they’ll get it going again. I can’t remember how long it took a few years ago when this happened. Maybe a day or 2?

0 Kudos
kgeb

Sling Airtv OTA Channels stuck on screen throbber (loading icon) With Roku Ultras, playback not working either. OTA Channel guide showing ok.

I have two ultras, both just stopped working yesterday.  OTA also works on phone.  Tried restart, reloading sling and Roku, no luck,  Roku Ultra 4670RW, software 11.5.0 build 4236-46.  Was working fine two days ago. Both ultras have same software version, slightly different build. Can't tell when Airtv/Sling was updated.

Greeny41
Reel Rookie

Yep, pretty much the same thing here.

0 Kudos