Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PatSeg
Reel Rookie

Age Inappropriate advertising!!!

Yesterday I was watching a G rated movie, The Black Stallion, with my nine year old grandsons on the Roku Channel. Ads for Gillette Venus razors came on with very suggestive video and references to "Pube hairs". Seriously? 

I couldn't fast-forward through the ads. The best I could do was hit "mute" and try and distract the boys until the offensive commercial was over. 

Is there no control over what commercials play during family oriented programming? I will not be watching the channel with my grandsons again. Meanwhile, I'm an adult and I don't want to see such ads either.   

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Age Inappropriate advertising!!!

Hi, @PatSeg 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Rest assured that we'll forward this to the team for review.

In the meantime, you can filter out sensitive commercials prompted on your Roku by following the steps provided below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Privacy
  4. Select Advertising
  5. Select Sensitive ad content
  6. Select one or more sensitive ad categories
  7. Press OK

Checking a sensitive ad category means you are restricting the types of ads Roku will be able to show on your Home Screen and screensaver. Your ad preferences are immediately saved and will be applied to all streaming devices connected to your Roku account.

For more thorough information regarding this matter, kindly visit this support article related to this: How to manage ad preferences

We hope this helps.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.