Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kat0018

Advertisement on Roku channel

My children were watching Pokemon this evening and an advertisement came on for BET. No one watches that in our house (not because it is not quality tv, but I don’t frequently watch any television) I understand we have to have advertising, but could the content be more geared toward children. I’m more liking to buy toys the kids talk me into than to watch television. One adult on the commercial was discussing having a side chick and I can’t fathom how to explain to my children when we haven’t even discussed adult “relations” yet. I’m tempted to stop letting them watch the roku channel and buy Pokemon videos so we don’t see inappropriate ads. I imagine this can be accomplished and if I have to do the work I am happy to, but we can’t keep using this platform with this content. There should be a way to relate ads to the show level rating. Thank you for your time roku and your easy to use products. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.